Default F1 - Austrian GP - Rosberg - Hamilton crash again

They have been at it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAUAtg_BXI

Rosberg penalised

Rosberg keeps fourth after Hamilton crash penalty F1 Fanatic

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

In my view Hamilton was the one that should have been penalised for driving straight into the side of Rosberg. Hamilton is a right homicidal maniac. Death or Glory!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I am not Hamilton fan, but Rosberg has gone deep, which is consistent with forcing Hamilton out wide to force him off track, to back off and slow down, but Hamilton has turned into him, it's 50-50 blame in my book.

The effect of the penalty was a token penalty as it had no bearing on outcome.
    Every day is a good day

Banned

i'm not a hamilton fan either, but how far wide does he have to turn before rosberg stops pushing him wider?
    hamilton turned in sharply, but there was no reason for rosberg to be there anyway. very shabby performance from the latter.

People will see the event differently.

In my view, it was amateurish obvious move by Rosberg, any switched on driver would have turned in earlier and forced Hamilton wide when they were side by side after the apex and claim he could not hold tighter line.

The team boss was rightly dirty on the whole thing and said there were 1500 people making it happen, then this.

It is what happens when two drivers want to win at any cost. Team work is certainly lacking.

It cost Mercedes 6 constructors championship points, fortunately they are some 100 point ahead of Ferrari so it is not going to have any significant impact.
    Last edited by FIVEDOOR; 5th July 2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Every day is a good day

I believe you are both incorrect. Both drivers went as deep as they could into the corner under hard braking. Hamilton arrived faster on the outside of Rosberg but neither were able to reduce the radius of their turns due to their hard braking. (Ask Robmac about Physics). The fact that Rosberg had a problem with his brakes doesn't make the contact by Hamilton, (the man who must win at any cost), Rosbergs' fault. The whole thing was a misjudgment by Hamilton that in my opinion he was lucky to get away with. I'm heartily sick and tired of the British commentators prejudice for British drivers to the extent they spend wasted minutes/hours of coverage on Britons that are coming 19th and 20th in the event instead of watching more interesting and valuable footage, only regaining interest in the first couple of places when it looks like a German might falter.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I believe you are both incorrect.
    Both incorrect, and the race stewards?
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Like Rosberg, I disagree with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm heartily sick and tired of the British commentators prejudice for British drivers to the extent they spend wasted minutes/hours of coverage on Britons that are coming 19th and 20th in the event instead of watching more interesting and valuable footage, only regaining interest in the first couple of places when it looks like a German might falter.
    A long, long time ago in another universe:

Murray Walker: "Now hear this! Now hear this! Nigel Mansell has got up into 16th place!!!!!".

A classic from the early days of Mansell's F1 career.

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

A classic

It would appear that Mr Murray does not set high expectations for his countrymem
    Every day is a good day

Murray Walker: "Now hear this! Now hear this! Nigel Mansell has got up into 16th place!!!!!"

Soon as i heard Murray Walker and Daryl Eastlake i would mute them.
    Eastlake used to call the moto gp bikes,didn't have a clue,but would yell as if he was calling a rugby game.

Thread Information