F1 - Will 2016 be Rosbergs year.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cam85

Thread: F1 - Will 2016 be Rosbergs year.

Default F1 - Will 2016 be Rosbergs year.

Nico has won six F1 races in a row and the first three races of this year, True, it could be argued that Hamilton has had the roll of the dice go against him.

Looking at statistics, no driver who has won the opening three races of a season and not won the championship. Neither has any driver won six races in a row and not won a championship.

Nico has the dubious honour of eclipsing Sir Stirling Moss as the driver with most wins without a title.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom...ord-books.html

Advertisement

Lewis on the other hand plans to win all the remaining races:-

Lewis Hamilton: I must win every race this season to overhaul Nico Rosberg and retain Formula One title

All of this does not take into account the fast improving Ferrari.

This year could actually be interesting.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Tthe stats are interesting. Very different ere for some of them but hey, they still stand.

I think this could shape up to be a bery competitive year. Especially considering the pace of the redbull whoch will only get better (like the rest)
    Ive come to like Nico. Perhaps because he is not loosing and winghing? I think it could be a good race especially considering the main threat is in the same car and alos at his peak. I think the ferraries and red bul will add some due spice. They still cannot theoughly match the merc. Dang
    FIVEDOOR likes this.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Interestingly, at this stage Wlliams seems it may have slipped back in the pecking order and the new kid on the block, Haas has already had some surprising performances.
    Every day is a good day

Its great to see the americans doing well so early on. I hope their drivers can stay focused and the team continue to develop. Williams seem to have lost their sting mid last year. Thery are run on a shoe string in comparrison so I guess its impressive none the less. Ive been surprised the torro rosso are not further up the grid. Im a fan of Sainz, probably from watching his father. He seems to be the more level of the 2 youngsters.

I still cannot stand Vettel and his antics. It was nice seeing Kimi grabbing some form. The car looks to be working to his liking.

Its shaping up nicely for good racing.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Vettel was improving in my books until this Sunday, the way he blamed Kyviat for his touch with Kimi was just childish and back to the old Vettel.
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Certainly interesting. I still put Rosberg in the same category as Webber - good, but not quite good enough. But if D Hill can win it, anything is possible. I think the stat about winning the first three races is a bit of an anomaly, more so since the season is (absurdly) 21 races long. But it is certainly shaping up as an exciting season, especially if, as Fivedoor suggests, Ferrari start challenging for wins. The more obstacles between Hamilton (who is still my pick) and the title, the more exciting it will be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
    Certainly interesting. I still put Rosberg in the same category as Webber - good, but not quite good enough. .
    Jolly well agree with that! I would, however, say that Rosberg is FAR less inclined than Webber to crash on Turn 1 of the first lap , and commit other silly racing errors . So what he admittedly lacks in 'Je Ne Sais Quoi', ala Hamilton, he makes up for in canny racing tactics and consistency. Like most things in life, it all depends on lots of other things too!

HiDeHo

More interesting meaningless trivia. Nico has won more races in the last 6 months than his father did during is career.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information