Default F1 - China - The results - spoiler

1/ Rosberg
    2/ Vettel
    3/ Kvyat
    4/ Ricciardo
    5/ Raikkonen
    6/ Massa
    7/ Hamilton

In the first corner Vettel clipped rear of Raikkonen. Vettel lost several places. Raikkonen had to pit for new nose cone.

The incident gifted the win to Rosberg, who doubled his points lead over Hamilton. Rosberg 75 points Hamilton 39 points

Raikonen dropped to last place and fought his way to 5th. This had to be the recovery drive of the race. He passed Hamilton the process, who had started from last place due ERS failure in qualifying.

Bottas car was also damaged in the first lap incident and his results suffered.

Ricciardo was running 4th early on, dropping places as a result of tyre failure, fighting his way back to 4th

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Administrator

Ricciardo was running 4th early on, dropping places as a result of tyre failure, fighting his way back to 4th
    Ricciardo was actually in the lead for the first few laps before his rear tyre blew.

He jumped Rosberg at the start and it appears he ran over some debris that was left on the track from the first lap carnage.

He fought back from 18th to finish 4th. Probably one of the bes drives of his career.

Vettel had a meltdown after Kvyat passed him on the inside of turn 1 at the start. Vettel obviously wasn't expecting him and collided with Raikkonen who was on his outside.

Vettel sooked all race long (calling him suicidal) and then tried to chastise Kyvat in the pre podium room.

Kvyat basically told him to suck it up.

After watching the replays, Vettel obviously realised it was not quite so suicidal and called it a racing incident...
    Last edited by mistareno; 18th April 2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post

Vettel had a meltdown after Kvyat passed him on the inside of turn 1 at the start. Vettel obviously wasn't expecting him and collided with Raikkonen who was on his outside.

Vettel sooked all race long (calling him suicidal) and then tried to chastise Kyvat in the pre podium room.
    I think if we felt inclined we could pull up some u-tube clips of some really suicidal passes, by Vettel. Some on Mark Webber comes to mind. Perhaps a case of pot calling kettle black.
    Every day is a good day

Banned

One has to observe that Raikkonen seems to have jolly well found some new reason to be alive, this year!
    It was a like he CBF the last couple of seasons, but something has suddenly given him focus again!
    Obviously it takes more than mere millions of $ to do that!

Kimi needs a car to suit him to have confidence. I think the Ferrari finally seems to his liking. He needs a car that turns in. There was something in the inherent design of the Ferrari little while back that they could not get it set up to his liking, but with the departure of Alonso (who seems to be happy with understeer) and hiring of some key people from Lotus has helped.
    Every day is a good day

Seb has shows his true colours again.
    Just get on anf Fing race and as Kvyat said, suck it up.

Brilliant drive from Daniel after the unlucky tyre failure. Rosberg is riding the luck well and coming home noce and clean.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

That makes it six wins in a row, only Vettel (9) and Ascari (7) have more wins in a row. Nico shares the 6 straight wins with Schumacher. Hamilton managed 5 in 2014. along with number of others
    Every day is a good day

Banned

Not a Hammie fan, and I do like Rossie, but there have been incidents in each of those 6 that assisted the chap! You couldn't really say Rossie drove his way to the wins. At least, not viz a viz him and Hammie.

All that said and under the bridge, it is still 6 in a row so good luck to him! If he makes it a couple more, Hammie's emotional weakness might make the blighter cave in completely!

Just had a look at the qualfying results for the last six races. Roseberg outqualified Hamilton in the last three races last year but has not manged to do so this year, yet he has managed three wins (luck or otherwise). It will be interesting to see how the mental battle plays out this year.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information