Views:	318 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	79757
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

it'll buff out.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    it'll buff out.
    Yup, not a bad one at all, just a minor ding, could happen to anyone on icy roads. The studded tyres don't give anywhere as much grip as people would imagine. I have driven on ice track, but that had snow banks and very little chance of doing real damage if one had an oops. Best 20 Euro's I every spent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kubica 2.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	79758
    Every day is a good day

Administrator

I'm suprised Kubica doesn't try Rally Cross. He is obviously very fast in a rally car, but undeniably crash prone.
    In RX you can 'learn' the track (much like circuit racing) and there is much less chance of totalling the car.

It's a pity. I really thought he would eventually adapt and with a touch of moderation become a top tier rally driver, but he seems to drive on the limit all the time, and that doesn't work with the variables in rallying.

I realize the Monte crash was a pretty minor one, but he really needs to change genre's (or change his driving style to a 'finish at all costs' as opposed to 'win at all costs' ) or it may ultimately be the death of him (or his co driver) which would be a real tragedy considering what he has been through, and the fact he seems like a nice guy.

Just finished watching the replay .. the ford driver was lucky as he hit kubicas car and pushed it further down the slope
    206 gti 180
    306 gti 6
    fx holden historic race car

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    I'm suprised Kubica doesn't try Rally Cross. He is obviously very fast in a rally car, but undeniably crash prone.
    In RX you can 'learn' the track (much like circuit racing) and there is much less chance of totalling the car.

It's a pity. I really thought he would eventually adapt and with a touch of moderation become a top tier rally driver, but he seems to drive on the limit all the time, and that doesn't work with the variables in rallying.

I realize the Monte crash was a pretty minor one, but he really needs to change genre's (or change his driving style to a 'finish at all costs' as opposed to 'win at all costs' ) or it may ultimately be the death of him (or his co driver) which would be a real tragedy considering what he has been through, and the fact he seems like a nice guy.
    One of the toughest things to master for non-rally backgroung person is to master driving off pace notes.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information