Loeb update
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Loeb update

Banned

Default Loeb update

Apparently cut from the Citroen WTCC team (though not replaced). 3rd place 2 years in a row just aint good enough... They all seem to be very polite about it, but the reality seems plain enough. Perhaps a 3rd car and driver will quietly emerge later?

Sebastien Loeb surprised to be axed by Citroen for 2016 WTCC season - WTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

And back into rallying as a team owner....

Sebastien Loeb returns to World Rally Championship as team owner - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Advertisement

I read in Finnish media that Loeb believed that his relationship with Citroen came to end because of his Dakar race in the Peugeot. This article was published on 3/7/2015 reporting he had conducted a test of the Dakar Peugeot, long before the end of 2015. Sebastien Loeb eyes 2016 Dakar Rally drive with Peugeot - Other news - AUTOSPORT.com

Apparently he was not officially sacked, nothing has been said (Citroen says it did not fire Sebastien Loeb from its WTCC team - WTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com), but nothing has been arranged with Citroen, communications just stopped, WTC team cut back to 2 cars and no drive for Loeb.

Citroen will miss 2016 WRC, taking the season out to develop 2017 car:- Citroen picks WRC over WTCC from 2017, to miss '16 WRC season - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Very strange in my book
    Last edited by FIVEDOOR; 8th January 2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

yes, it is.
    you wouldnt think that competing in the Dakar Rally, with such a closely associated brand, would be an issue.
    and you would think that his history with Cit would cut him some slack beyond that!
    AND you would think that coming in 3rd twice in a row in a 1-2-3 finish in WTCC would be more than good enough. after all, if you have 3 cars in the series, one of them has to come third even in the best circumstances.

as an aside, i was interested to note that not only was the end of year finishing order the same for Muller, Lopez and Loeb, but the points difference was almost identical, for both of the last years.

Thanks Alexander. Keep it coming. Coverage of WRC stateside is abysmal.

Banned

to be honest, it isnt too good here either. i am only doing google searches on the subject.
    note that the WRC has a subscription service for EUR9 per month, which provides all sorts of information and video coverage. eg 20 minute end of day summary at each rally, and alot more.

i tried to pay for it, but it wouldnt activate. after some email correspondence with them, i just lost interest in bothering, but i reckon it is good value. i only became interested in WRC about 3 years ago. at the time, you could see most of those summaries on YouTube soon after the events, but WRC seem to have got wise to that and put a stop to it. as an aside, i personally would think it better marketing to release all the content to YouTube etc after some delay eg a month or so. if you cant see anything without paying first, then how do they think anyone will actually get hooked into it at all?

Every day is a good day

Banned

which just goes to show that when you are / are perceived as perfect, there is only one direction things can go from there!

After Loebs car fell over on Monday he had additional problems on Tuesday, getting stuck in dunes four times loosing about an hour followed by a driveline problem dropping him to 13th place.

Saintz is currently in the lead.

The ninth stage was cancelled due to heat. Large number of competitors became stuck in the dunes and with temperatures hitting 40 degrees Celsius, digging the cars out became a health risk for the crews.

Saintz (IPeugeot) took the lead from team mated Stephane Peterhanslin with last years winner Nasser Al Attiyah in third and Hirvonen in 4th in a Mini

Collection of images of Loeb's car after crash. I think it's ... well .... broken

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...28.jMJWCybSUoA
    Every day is a good day

Banned

yep, better luck in 2017, Seb;.

I'd like to see Sainz win it. I have always liked him, he was the first non Scandinavian to win Rally Finland in 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally_Finland
    Every day is a good day

Fellow Frogger!

What ??? An update thread for Loeb and you didn't even wrote in it he was going for a full Rallycross season with the Peugeot Hansen Team ???

Maybe Loeb should try F1? Track limits might be a problem though....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Banned

he's too old!

Thread Information