Mercredes F1 engines - more power
  • Register
  • Help

Default Mercredes F1 engines - more power

The speculation on the F1 paddock is that the new Merc F1 engines had 40 hp increase over the old engines at Monza. The increased pace was apparent to other teams from first practice on Friday.

Renault are upset at their treatment and have made noises that they may not continue as an engine supplier, which may be academic as they seem to running bit low on customers as Red Bull are said to be terminating their contract due to failure to meet contractual performance obligations. Renault are considering their options including buying Lotus or pulling out of F1.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

What treatment is Renault upset about? hopefully they dont mean not buying their non performing engines!

it strikes me that Mercedes would have a strong incentive to not supply their engines to anyone else, given that said engines are propelling their own cars to dominant performance. further, i would think the cost of producing them would be pretty high, and not significantly offset by selling them to other parties. (comment?).

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    What treatment is Renault upset about? hopefully they dont mean not buying their non performing engines!

it strikes me that Mercedes would have a strong incentive to not supply their engines to anyone else, given that said engines are propelling their own cars to dominant performance. further, i would think the cost of producing them would be pretty high, and not significantly offset by selling them to other parties. (comment?).
    Apperently they did not get enough recognition when they were winning and now they get the blame for not winning. Red Bull have been fairly open in their critisism.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Bernies house of cards
    Every day is a good day

I wonder if it all really matters? F1 is nearly dead due to Bernie's fiddling. With Renault gone, that only leaves the prancing horse, and even they won't want to come second forever!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

There is also the dark horse - Honda. What is going to happen there? Historically they have ended up succeeding in whatever they do, and they have been only 2 seasons back in F1. I read that they are reluctant to have outside engineering input which may be strangling them, but maybe they will suddenly release a new package - who knows? McLaren are standing by them at the moment.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    McLaren are standing by them at the moment.

and it's costing them a packet, must be an attractive deal.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information