Red Bull F1 team will not use Renault engines next year
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: Red Bull F1 team will not use Renault engines next year

Default Red Bull F1 team will not use Renault engines next year

Red Bull F1 team will not use Renault engines next year and Mercedes Board have decided not to supply their engines to Red Bull. So is it going to be Ferrari Red Bull or no Red Bull F1?

Advertisement

Mercedes board rejects proposal to supply Red Bull with F1 engines - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    Fordman likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

1000+ Posts

No Bull
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

It's a possibility , Red Bull have said if they cant get the right engines, they will quit F1
    Every day is a good day

I find it quite remarkable that Renault have not been able to develop a competitive package, which I presume is the main reason Red Bull is pulling the pin on them. Just as remarkable is to have a set of rules, and technology requirements, that even one of the former top engine designers cannot seem to be capable of meeting. And then to penalise those teams with the less developed engines by putting them to the back of the field because they have broken too many engines - I just don't think that has worked out the way it was intended.

Maybe Red Bull will try to force the hand of F1 by threatening to pull out, in order to get a rule change. Maybe RB have another Ace up their sleeve? Maybe they want to pull out?

I thought for a while there, we might end up with a "one make engine" series, but I guess Ferrari would be the bugbear.

Interesting.

To have a historic race like Monza on TV highlights package a day after the event isn't good for the "sport", in my opinion. Maybe that opinion is shared by Red Bull?

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    To have a historic race like Monza on TV highlights package a day after the event isn't good for the "sport", in my opinion. Maybe that opinion is shared by Red Bull?
    FWIW, also mine.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post

Maybe Red Bull will try to force the hand of F1 by threatening to pull out, in order to get a rule change. Maybe RB have another Ace up their sleeve? Maybe they want to pull out?

I think Red Bull want to compete, but only if they can be competitive. If they cant get competitive engine package they ,may well pull out. I wonder where that leaves Toro Roso, who also run Renault engines and are owned by Red Bull?
    Every day is a good day

Toro Rosso originally ran Ferrari engines whilst Red Bull ran Renault, did they not? As they are a separate team I assume they can continue with Renault engines without causing a problem.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I assume they can, but seeing as they are owned by Red Bull, will they want to continue using unreliable, under powered engine
    Every day is a good day

Without putting too fine a point on it, I suspect that the entire engine format that is currently used by F1 was sponsored and promoted by Mercedes, who had been working in secret on a replacement for the previous formula for a long, long time. The stupidity of the currrent rules enshrines Mercedes dominance and prevents any hope of catch-up by Renault or Ferrari. In the past, all problems would have been sorted in no time at all, but with "Australian V8 Supercars" regs now governing what is supposed to be the pinnacle of world motor racing all that is past, and because of it the sport is becoming less popular. Bernie has missed the boat. He and the current rules need replacing or the sport of F1 is probably doomed.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information