Lotus facing threat of F1 cars being impounded
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexander

Thread: Lotus facing threat of F1 cars being impounded

Default Lotus facing threat of F1 cars being impounded

Lotus facing threat of F1 cars being impounded following Belgian GP - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

i would think that sort of tactic would make future potential employers a bit wary.

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Pretty normal legal procedures to secure cost and settlement bond security I'd say.

Simple legal issue to be resolved - did both parties sign a legally binding contract and was the contract honoured, if not, the cost of the non delivery to the aggrieved person, along with the costs associated and damages as the court determines. Force majeure may become an arguable issue in the outcome as to the non delivery, but costs of the action and its settlements will be a substantial point for the court to decide, on attachment or otherwise of the racing equipment - may be obviated if a sufficient bond to cover settlement costs is lodged by the owners.

In the end the whole issue is likely to be settled by negotiations between the parties to the contract, a common action to resolve litigation and avoid protracted and costly legal proceedings. A lesson for those who draw up contracts and owners ,in the way they deal with a claim of breach of contractual issues.

I don't think this will worry other owners or limit the drivers ability to find employers who recognise the issues involved. If future employment prospects are reduced, that is usually a substantial part of the damages and awards/penalties that may follow. A good lesson to all parties involved in contracts to be less bloody minded while speedily negotiating an agreed settlement at the earliest possible date.

Both sets of lawyers will be happy the case wasn't settled sooner I'd say .

A lesson for all of us?

Ken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    If future employment prospects are reduced, that is usually a substantial part of the damages and awards/penalties that may follow. A good lesson to all parties involved in contracts to be less bloody minded while speedily negotiating an agreed settlement at the earliest possible date.

Ken
    reduced future employment prospects due to other potential employers thinking you are an f*wit whom they would be very wary of, will definitely not be factoring into any court award.
    JoBo likes this.

Banned

couple of questions re tonight's race?

*is it televised on free to air?

*what is the new start procedure they are going on about?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    couple of questions re tonight's race?

*is it televised on free to air?

*what is the new start procedure they are going on about?

thanks.
    1/. Yes. Channel Ten 21:30 Hrs

2/. No Idea. Will be watching............
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Expert on Civil Courts, I guess you must have some experience

reduced future employment prospects due to other potential employers thinking you are an f*wit whom they would be very wary of, will definitely not be factoring into any court award.
    But then again even though many may also "think" you have the same tag line potential and calling it seems you remain employed. Such issues are always a feature in court awards and often why parties negotiate a settlement. Might look different when talking through a hat or a paper bag though

Many would expect an aggrieved party to pursue their rights when others think they can just ignore them, that's where guts and determination come into the equation and the best lawyers you can afford.

Regards
    Ken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Such issues are always a feature in court awards and often why parties negotiate a settlement. Might look different when talking through a hat or a paper bag though
    Ken
    no, the fact that one might personally be viewed as a dickhed for having brought a legal action, and thereby might be less employable, would never factor into an award in any way at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    1/. Yes. Channel Ten 21:30 Hrs

2/. No Idea. Will be watching............
    many thanks.

I believe the new start procedure is about reducing the team's input to the car/driver at the start line. The driver is to make any adjustments, settings and procedures by himself without communication from his pit. Don't know the exact details.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

no, the fact that one might personally be viewed as a dickhed for having brought a legal action, and thereby might be less employable, would never factor into an award in any way at all.
    Maybe, or could it be a play pressured by his sponsors who tipped money in the team and Lotus allegedly did not honour the contract? I am no expert on F1 politics, but this is the second time this has happened in the recent past.
    Every day is a good day

Administrator

Podium for Lotus. Nice way to end a tumultuous weekend...

Banned

yes, that will cheer things up a bit in the Lotus team!
    the lack of communication between rosberg and hamilton in the room after the race is quite icy...

that aside, the race really emphasises how dominant Hamilton is. same cars, yet Rosberg plainly just cant get the car around the circuit at the same speed.

I suspect that at level, much of it is a head game. Early in the piece it was the other way around, but Hamilton has had the upper hand for some time now, as small as it may be at times. So much revolves around the ability to do that demon lap in qualifying.

Hamilton has been the quickest qualifier in the last 6 races, Schumacher did a seven race streak, so two more races for the new record.
    Every day is a good day

Banned

i note that in pretty much all sports, even when you look at the top handful at world level of excellence, there usually seems to be just one or two who are absolutely nailing it compared to the rest. it seems so unlikely, given how many are trying! Ogier is doing it in WRC. Loeb did it before him. Hamilton plainly has that head space in F1. it is there in tennis. no doubt all the other sports i dont watch, as well.

interesting thing about Hamilton is that he was in the doldrums for a couple of years, and really appeared to lose it somewhat emotionally, but has managed to come back to this. great effort.

Thread Information