Ferrari have confirmed Kimi for next year
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: Ferrari have confirmed Kimi for next year

Default Ferrari have confirmed Kimi for next year

Ferrari have confirmed they have taken up the option on Kimi's contract for another year.

Advertisement

Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 | Scuderia Ferrari

This suggest that Bottas will stay with Williams for another year.

Interesting snippet - Kimi and MS are only Ferrari F1 world Champions in 35 years - not sure that it means much other than Ferrari have a long history of "dry spells"
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

Kimi doesnt really seem to be firing on all cylinders these days. which is a pity; he is a character, even if a a fairly laconic, and it would be good to see someone not quite so in the box, winning a few races.

Kimi is getting older, he is the oldest driver on the grid, but given a car to his liking he can still be competitive.

Last years Ferrari had been developed under Alonso influence and had a tendency to understeer. Kimi needs a car that turns, it is this characteristic and his driving style that makes him particularly easy on tyres, particularly the rear tyres. Last years car did not suit him at all and I suspect would not have suited Vettel either (think of the previous year at red Bull).

Ferrari brought in number of new people including one of the engineers from Lotus and the car has been much more suited to his style of driving. Ferrari are probably hoping that he will make a great wingman and if he is capable of bringing in solid points, without serious challenge to Vettel, they would probably be happy as it would avoid potential conflict. Kimi doesn't mix much with the F1 crowd but he a Vettel get on well, so it helps.

The rumoured replacement for Kimi was Botttas at Williams and Williams was rumoured to be wanted top dollar for his release, meaning there would not have been any cost saving in salaries, so why disrupt a team dynamic which is starting to show promise. Kimi was running strongly in Hungary (2nd?), which Vettel won, until mechanical issues sidelined him. He has had 3 x DNF as opposed to nil for Vettel and then there was the race team stuffed his race and he in still 5th on the drivers points table, with Vettel in third. Bottas in fourth is only one point ahead of Kimi at present. The next round in Belgium will be interesting as it is one where Kimi tends to shine, having won there four times, twice in cars that weren't quite up to speed.
    Every day is a good day

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport Kimi has agreed to paycut with basic pay 11 million Euros, but with increased bonus payments, .... hey it worked at Lotus.
    cam85 likes this.
    Every day is a good day

Apparently Vettel also has a clause in his contract with ability to 'choose' a team mate.

Another way to make it 'easier' for another title. Kimi is passed it as we can all see. Yes on a good day he is quick but has lost the edge. Vettel does not want another year like last when Dan flogged him.

Probably a rumour but if any of you have read Webbers book youll know what Im talking about.

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Apparently Vettel also has a clause in his contract with ability to 'choose' a team mate.

Another way to make it 'easier' for another title.

Cam
    or perhaps he just didnt want to be stuck working with someone like Webber again?

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    According toLa Gazzetta dello Sport Kimi has agreed to paycut with basic pay 11 million Euros, but with increased bonus payments, ....
    some pay cut! i guess that sort of income would take the sting out of being past your best....
    Last edited by alexander; 22nd August 2015 at 08:35 PM.

Cam
    According to Finnish media, Vettel did everything he could to keep Kimi as his team mate.
    Every day is a good day

Yep that right. As Kimi wont threaten or challenge him to a title like anyone else.

Alexander have you read Marks book?
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Banned

Alexander have you read Marks book?
    no, but i did see some years of his public comments. such as his ludicrous, self-excusing, allegations that he was given an inferior car. plus other really out of line, divisive bitching, when, all said, the problem was that he just couldnt stop crashing his car.

I would like to see the footage of him saying his car is inferior. Maybe he was treated differently you mean?

Read the book. Its a good read and has a lot of insight into his years at Red Bull. Especially all the BS between him and Sebastian. I wont bother bringing details on the forum as I cant be bothered. Lets just say you will be surprised at what went down.

Spa is looking to be a good race!! Go Dan!
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Banned

i was keeping an eye on the F1 Live Commentary last night, when the practice sessions were on. i was again struck by how little any of these commentators seem to mention Ricciardo. i dont normally watch the races and never looked at the F1 site commentary before, so maybe i have the wrong idea. but he doesnt seem to get the attention he deserves.

i do note that in the second practice session, the Mercedes set faster times on mediums, than everyone else did on softs! so it seems the top two places are set in cement already, incidents aside... apparently this is Hamilton's 6th consecutive pole, and schumacher was the last person to do that back in 2001.

Yea its also a UK commentary we get here. When and if they do talk about him its usually pretty good.

I attended an evening where Mark Webber was talking recently. A question was asked from the crowd about how Daniel was doing. Take these comments as you will. He said that Daniels 'stock' was very high and in demand. His natural ability and his application was very good. He said that this year will be good for him, proving what he is made of for the years to come after a tough start to the season.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Thread Information