1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve to race in Formula E
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: 1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve to race in Formula E

Default 1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve to race in Formula E

1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve to race in Formula E - Formula E news - AUTOSPORT.com

Advertisement

I have watched a round of the Formula E on TV and hope never to see another round. Not for me, but whatever floats your boat.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

at least he got a drive in something!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve to race in Formula E - Formula E news - AUTOSPORT.com

I have watched a round of the Formula E on TV and hope never to see another round. Not for me, but whatever floats your boat.
    Yeah. I saw the Russian round. A very artificial street circuit that will probably be different next time. So comparative times will not be possible.
    The Prost team seemed to have misunderstood the required time frame for the pitstop.
    The racing was close. Not noisy. Some minor collisions with an impact on outcomes.
    They have to change the driver into a new (charged) car, hence the mandatory time in pits*
    In a way thats's not much different to a F1 car pitting for new rubber.

As I type this i can't help thinking that having two cars should have two drivers**. Two sets of different rubber on each car. Let the TEAM strategy develop around the car/driver/rubber strategy. Drivers awarded points based on their contribution to the team result.

* the cars cannot make the race distance on a single battery charge, so the driver walks over to car "B"

**This could be a way of introducing new talent to a televised series? It could also be marketed as a team sport to attract sponsors wanting to promote co-operative, sharing technologies, as well as mobs like Tesla and Google with their innovation in automobiles.

As an aside, I think it will be some time before Tesla will have cash for sponsorship

Tesla burns cash, loses more than $4,000 on every car sold | Reuters
    David M likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information