1/ Jari-Matti Latvala - VW
    2/ Sebastien Ogier Vw
    3/ Mads Osberg of Norway in a Citroen
    4/ Thierry Neuville - Hyundai
    5/ Ott Tanak Viro - Ford
    6/ Juho Hanninen - Ford
    7/ Martin Propkop - Ford
    8/ Esapekka Lappi - in a WRC2 Skoda

Ogier and Latvala had an epic battle until Saturday aternoon when Latvala was able to string together three fastests stages after minor Ogier error in tricky conditions. Latvala held the lead through the remaining 2 stages on Sunday.

Kubica managed a roll in SS18 about 300 m from the end of the stage.

Advertisement

Esapekka Lappi [Finn] was a notable outright 8th in a WRC2 car
    Toyota have hired Tommi Makinen to head their rally team. Toyota will develop Yaris WRC car for full 2017 season. Makinen is rumoured to be hiring Gronholm, presumambly to help with the development of the car. Expect Makinen to be fielding young Finnish drivers in the Toyotas.

I was able to watch the opening stage of the rally [Harju] from my cousins 6th floor kitchen window on Yliopistotie. On Friday Mrs Fivedoor's cousin had arranged for a gent who has been to the rally for the last 38 years as my personal rally guide. We managed to catch 4 stages on F riday. My guides experience allowed us to dodge nearly all of the rally related traffic jams and he was a wealth of knowledge making it truly memorable day. We estimated that we trecked about 10km on foot to reach the viewing areas from parking areas. Unfortunately I was forced to retire from the forest trecking after Friday due to agrevating an old back injury, but it was worth the effort
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Scott Pedder finished 5th in the WRC2 class. He was only 6.3 seconds behind the second place car, the winner of the class being andother 1 minute 41 seconds clear of the second place car.
    Every day is a good day

VIP Sponsor

Make that 4th, Lefebre was excluded due to having unauthorised software in the DS3.
    I will be at Coffs Harbour in September to have a first hand look at these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Scott Pedder finished 5th in the WRC2 class. He was only 6.3 seconds behind the second place car, the winner of the class being andother 1 minute 41 seconds clear of the second place car.

WRC Rally of Finland - results 2015-p1130152.jpg

Scott Pedder taking off at Tommi Makinen jump - Ouninpohja - one of the fastest stages on the WRC calander.

The very bravest fly up to 30 metres here. The 000 car, a Merc SUV, ploughed wiith the front end on landing to the amusement of the crowd
    Every day is a good day

Bit of footage. I was told that the record for most time in the air was 30 seconds on one special stage few years ago. Not hard to see why.

Every day is a good day

Thread Information