Monaco this weekend - and Indy 500.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Monaco this weekend - and Indy 500.

Looking forward to Monaco this weekend, race live on One and 10 Sunday night, though we seem to have lost the qualifying on Saturday night, pity.

Advertisement

And am hoping (after a rather strong hint to his wife) that after the GP will be wandering next door to my Foxtel neighbour, where we will both get the coffee going and settle in front of the Indy 500 live at about midnight (WA time). Love Indy 500!

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

VIP Sponsor

Back on free to air then?

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Looking forward to Monaco this weekend, race live on One and 10 Sunday night, though we seem to have lost the qualifying on Saturday night, pity.

And am hoping (after a rather strong hint to his wife) that after the GP will be wandering next door to my Foxtel neighbour, where we will both get the coffee going and settle in front of the Indy 500 live at about midnight (WA time). Love Indy 500!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Only when Rupert chooses to allow it, and we've got crap commentators since they dropped the British coverage. Just watching Melbourne was enough for me, I'm not going to be watching any more GP's without a day or two's delay this year, if you know what I mean.
    '92 BX 16Valve (Bathurst 12 Hr edition)
    '93 BX 16Valve (Bathurst 12 Hr edition)
    '01 406 Coupe 3.0L V6 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Most of the "good ones" are on free to air - full race only, no qualifiers. rest of season are Monday night highlights.

Post #2 of this thread: Formula 1 delayed telecast and Pastor Mal

I can live with that!

2004 WRX (Sunday car)

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I was hoping the Red Bull Renaults might do better at the slower Monaco track and they have.
    Ric starting 4th and Kvy 5th, lets hope that Vettel takes out both Mercs to leave a Renault 1, 2.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Administrator

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Mercedes debriefing...

I thought Lewis was about to have a post race melt down but did well to maintain his composure but I thought Rosberg was a bit of a dunce for celebrating and smiling like he'd won the race on merit. Some reservation wouldn't have gone astray.

Also, glad to see Verstappen was uninjured. When you were watching it in real time, it went pear shaped bloody quickly once Grosjean hit the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Mercedes debriefing...

I thought Lewis was about to have a post race melt down but did well to maintain his composure but I thought Rosberg was a bit of a dunce for celebrating and smiling like he'd won the race on merit. Some reservation wouldn't have gone astray.

Also, glad to see Verstappen was uninjured. When you were watching it in real time, it went pear shaped bloody quickly once Grosjean hit the brakes.
    I always think Rosberg has a smirk rather than a smile, but at least they acknowledged each other knowing it was neither of their fault, but a team strategy mistake - a big one?

And with the Verstappen incident I thought on the live coverage that Grosjean suddenly slowed in a strange place, did he really need to hit the brakes at that point or just back off a little? Seemed so quick to close up.

The sportsmanship that Dan R showed at the end was very unusual these days, but good. I wondered where he had gone after 3rd place had crossed the line, he had dropped back to let Kvyat take his rightful spot - good on him.

Good to see the whole race.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Well, didn't get to see Indy live, neighbour was starting new job early Monday morning, and I didn't want to sit in his lounge by nyself, would have been a bit rude!

However, I have just watched the first half (about 90 mins) on:

BurningWhee1s

Impressed, it's the first time I have watched a full event on-line. Even with my relatively slow connection, had no issues with stuttering at all, and the resolution was more than adequate. I will leave the second half until I have checked the usage on the first half, as I am only on a 10gb per month plan.
    Glad I bought a decent new PC last year, its a HP 23" touchscreen desktop flat screen all-in-one, with good audio, wireless stand-alone. Wasn't intending to watch motorsport on it, but it was quite comfortable to watch.

Re the Indy race, you realise how good a telecast can be, I am not joking, the passing and re-passing at 220 mph is so quick, I found it much more interesting than any F1 or V8 race I've seen in a while. The commentary is quite explanatory, and at about 90 laps, they went back through the first ten places with a little bit about each driver/team, not just the first 3 places.

Also a first time for me, the video broadcast continued during the commercials! So continuous track vision without any sound, interesting. Am enjoying it.

I am not sure where I picked up the "Burningwhee1s" link, but it has an enormous amount of recent motorsport on it, really worth a look.

2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Thread Information