Thread: New team in F1 for 2016

Default New team in F1 for 2016

Haas F1 team will enter F1 in 2016:-

https://www.haasf1team.com/

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

I hope they have a better run than their last foray into F1:
    I remember Alan Jones making a comeback in the Haas entered Beatrice Hart Lola GP car at the inaugural Adelaide F1 GP in 1985. For 1985 they ran a Hart 4 cyl 1.5 litre turbo engine as the planned engine had not yet been fully developed. I think he started from back of grid and worked his way through the field, but no match for the front runners. Popular entrant for Australia though. Also interesting comment in Wiki that one of their designers was Ross Brawn.

Also from Wikipedia:
    “He (Alan Jones) made a full-time comeback to F1 late in 1985 when Team Haas was created and Jones became the first driver for the team. The American owned and sponsored team was based in England and made its debut at the 1985 Italian Grand Prix at Monza. Jones qualified the new Lola THL1 9.851 seconds slower than pole man Ayrton Senna in his Lotus-Renault and retired after only 6 laps with a blown engine. Jones was joined at Haas in 1986 by former Ferrari and Renault works driver Patrick Tambay. The comeback was unsuccessful more due to the Ford V6 engine's lack of power compared to its rivals from Honda, TAG-Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and Renault, than any lack of effort from the team and its drivers.
    At the end of the 1986 season after the Haas team lost its sponsorship and ran out of money, Jones retired from Formula One for good having won 12 races, 6 pole positions and one World Championship”. (My note: None of these in the Haas Lola!)
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

VIP Sponsor

Better edit that, what Ford V6?
    It was a 4 cylinder Hart engine.
    Jones kept referring to the Hart Attacks that it suffered.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    I hope they have a better run than their last foray into F1:
    I remember Alan Jones making a comeback in the Haas entered Beatrice Hart Lola GP car at the inaugural Adelaide F1 GP in 1985. For 1985 they ran a Hart 4 cyl 1.5 litre turbo engine as the planned engine had not yet been fully developed. I think he started from back of grid and worked his way through the field, but no match for the front runners. Popular entrant for Australia though. Also interesting comment in Wiki that one of their designers was Ross Brawn.

Also from Wikipedia:
    “He (Alan Jones) made a full-time comeback to F1 late in 1985 when Team Haas was created and Jones became the first driver for the team. The American owned and sponsored team was based in England and made its debut at the 1985 Italian Grand Prix at Monza. Jones qualified the new Lola THL1 9.851 seconds slower than pole man Ayrton Senna in his Lotus-Renault and retired after only 6 laps with a blown engine. Jones was joined at Haas in 1986 by former Ferrari and Renault works driver Patrick Tambay. The comeback was unsuccessful more due to the Ford V6 engine's lack of power compared to its rivals from Honda, TAG-Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and Renault, than any lack of effort from the team and its drivers.
    At the end of the 1986 season after the Haas team lost its sponsorship and ran out of money, Jones retired from Formula One for good having won 12 races, 6 pole positions and one World Championship”. (My note: None of these in the Haas Lola!)

Administrator

Ford supplied a Cosworth designed and developed 120 V6 for the 86 season.
    There is a great documentary on its design and development here:
    Fordman and COL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Better edit that, what Ford V6?
    It was a 4 cylinder Hart engine.
    Jones kept referring to the Hart Attacks that it suffered.

Graham
    Yes, I was only aware of the Hart engine as seen in 1985 Aust GP, but remember that it was some sort of stop-gap engine. As far as I know that was the last appearance in Australia?

Another Alan Jones gem from that first Adelaide GP: That he named the East St esses the De Cesaris Straight.

2004 WRX (Sunday car)

VIP Sponsor

Sorry, forget about that and also didn't notice the reference to the Hart engine!

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post

That is a great doco. Loved the 1980's computer technology in Part 2. Compared to today's F1, the technology of the cars in the 80's almost seemed like 1960's stuff. I enjoyed it.

2004 WRX (Sunday car)

COL

That was a great documentary, I watch both parts and enjoyed it. Thanks for posting
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Thread Information