finally! success for Kubica in WRC!
  • Register
  • Help
    Banned

Default finally! success for Kubica in WRC!

thank goodness he has found his forte...

ROBERT KUBICA’S FORD FIESTA RS LIVERY HAS BEEN VOTED THE BEST LOOKING OF 2015 IN A WRC.COM POLL THAT ATTRACTED MORE THAN 46,000 VOTES.
    ADVERTISING

The RK World Rally Team won a landslide victory with a whopping 51% of the vote. M-Sport WRT were second with 34%, while Volkswagen Motorsport were a distant third with 5%.

Kubica’s team manager Marcin Czachorski admitted the giant-killing result had come as a bit of a shock.

“It came as a big surprise and we were amazed by the big support from the fans,” he told wrc.com. “I’ve said before that I think we have the best fans in the world, so it’s a big thank you to them. The competition with M-Sport was quite tough, but I’m very happy to see this result.”

Czachorski also revealed more about the origins of the predominantly grey look, which replaced last seasons’s red, white, blue and mirror-silver scheme.

Advertisement

“We wanted something new and the grey colour scheme was always something that Robert really liked," he said. "If you look back at his previous cars, it’s a colour he has used pretty often, so this gave us the base concept. Back in December the designers got to work, but there wasn’t much time and everybody was working under big pressure. With such a tight time frame we did not expect the final result would be so nice!”
    next step in his career path: window dressing for Harrods.

and how did his first day in the Mexico WRC go?...

Robert Kubica broke the rear left wheel of his Ford Fiesta RS after hitting a kerb just a few metres after the start

1000+ Posts

Typical alex,all about appearance and no substance;looking good but only managed a few metres, is it any wonder he wears a bag on his head Andy.

Banned

in the meantime, Sebastien Ogier is shyting all over the field yet again.
    they havent even finished the second rally of the year, and it is already abundantly clear that Ogier will win the championship again. incredibly, he is dominating even more than Loeb did in his 9 years of straight wins. at this rate, WRC could easily go 15 years with two men locking everyone else out of championship contention. maybe more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alhantos View Post
    Typical alex,all about appearance and no substance;looking good but only managed a few metres, is it any wonder he wears a bag on his head Andy.
    like i said earlier.. a razor sharp whit.
    you will be interested to know that the face in the avatar is in fact the face of the late (of AF) and lamented AF poster, Orestes Roumeliotis.

Banned

Default notable absence

WRC CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER THREE OF 13 ROUNDS:

Pos Driver Points
    1 Sebastien Ogier 81
    2 Andreas Mikkelsen 47
    3 Thierry Neuville 35
    4 Mads Ostberg 32
    5 Elfyn Evans 26
    6 Jari-Matti Latvala 19
    7 Daniel Sordo 18
    8 Martin Prokop 14
    9 Ott Tanak 12
    10 Hayden Paddon 10
    11 Kris Meeke 10
    12 Nasser Al-Attiyah 6
    13 Sebastien Loeb 6
    14 Yuriy Protasov 2
    15 Nicolas Fuchs 2
    16 Jari Ketomaa 1

(nb #12, 14, 15 & 16 are driving WRC2 cars yet still won points in the outright competition)

I see Kubica is still to score points. Wonder what odds one could get for him not scoring any points this season?
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

I don't give a rodent's rectum what alex says, Kubica has scored 273 more F1 points than he has.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Banned

which wont help him in WRC and doesnt change the fact that he is choking badly.
    on the plus side, F1 may be his only avenue in 2016.

or dodgem cars.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    F1 may be his only avenue in 2016.

or dodgem cars.
    That's his dream, but it wont happen until he gets his wrist rotation movement happening. He can manage to drive around the problem in WRC, but in the confines of F1 cocpit, he cant rotate his shoulders around enough to compensate for the lack of rotation in his wrist.
    Every day is a good day

Banned

ah i wasnt aware of that. that must be incredibly galling for him, given that he was a 'rising star' in F1 prior to his nasty accident. what i find incredible is that he blitzed WRC2 in 2013, and has been a complete disaster in WRC. it is so incongruous. it must also be doubly awful for him: if he cant drive an F1 car, it would at least have been good compensation to be a smash hit in WRC, and no doubt in 2013 that was exactly what he thought was about to happen. instead he is scoring fewer outright points in the faster cars.

VIP Sponsor

He is doing OK, he did get a stage win in Mexico don't forget.
    Doing better than Kimi Raikkonen when he tried.
    He will get the speed right as the year progresses.
    Obviously keeping his sponsor happy as all this crashing must be costing a lot of money.

ah i wasnt aware of that. that must be incredibly galling for him, given that he was a 'rising star' in F1 prior to his nasty accident. what i find incredible is that he blitzed WRC2 in 2013, and has been a complete disaster in WRC. it is so incongruous. it must also be doubly awful for him: if he cant drive an F1 car, it would at least have been good compensation to be a smash hit in WRC, and no doubt in 2013 that was exactly what he thought was about to happen. instead he is scoring fewer outright points in the faster cars.

He's gutsy and determined. I read one interview, where he refused to tell the interviewer how many operations he has had, but he has had several series of operations where the operation was followed by ten recover days, followed by another operation, ten days to recover etc etc.

Some Doctors have told it cant be fixed, others have given him some hope, so he is perverting to see if it can be fixed.

He is also very aware that time is ticking away from him.
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    He is doing OK, he did get a stage win in Mexico don't forget.
    Doing better than Kimi Raikkonen when he tried.
    He will get the speed right as the year progresses.
    Obviously keeping his sponsor happy as all this crashing must be costing a lot of money.
    Kubica has his own team this year and he is sponsored by Polish oil company. I think lot of the car preparation work may well be done by another garage for him.

Re Kimi and Robert comparison in WRC

2010 - Kimi 10th - 25 points
    2011 - Kimi 10th - 34 points

2014 - Robert 16th - 14 points
    2015 - three rounds completed, yet to score points

I haven't done a crash count to see which one is ahead on that one

Lot was written in Finnish media about Kimi's WRC foray and the expert opinion seemed to be that the biggest issue was driving from pace notes and I think anyone making transition from F1 to WRC is going to find that a huge issue.
    Every day is a good day

VIP Sponsor

He seems to be setting faster times than Kimi when not crashing though.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Kubica has his own team this year and he is sponsored by Polish oil company. I think lot of the car preparation work may well be done by another garage for him.

Re Kimi and Robert comparison in WRC

2010 - Kimi 10th - 25 points
    2011 - Kimi 10th - 34 points

2014 - Robert 16th - 14 points
    2015 - three rounds completed, yet to score points

I haven't done a crash count to see which one is ahead on that one

Lot was written in Finnish media about Kimi's WRC foray and the expert opinion seemed to be that the biggest issue was driving from pace notes and I think anyone making transition from F1 to WRC is going to find that a huge issue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    He seems to be setting faster times than Kimi when not crashing though.
    sure but that is why he crashes so frequently!
    ie he is recklessly driving too fast for his ability.

VIP Sponsor

If that's the case so is Meeke and Meeke is in a better car.
    He will get it right eventually as long as the money doesn't run out.

sure but that is why he crashes so frequently!
    ie he is recklessly driving too fast for his ability.

Banned

yes, chris meeke crashes his car alot also, but Kubica is outstanding in his failing, as per the information i have put in a number of posts. it is not just that he is last in WRC - he is last by a breath taking margin. i am not surprised he is driving in his own team this year - who would pay him to drive after last years performance? it seems that he is fortunate to have found a polish sponsor with enough cash. he has a high profile, he seems fairly likeable in front of a camera, and i would think Poles would love him if he doesnt score a point all year. a postulation we may well yet get to see tested.

Thread Information