F1 Testing Barcelona
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: F1 Testing Barcelona

Default F1 Testing Barcelona

It looks line Ferrari have taken a step forward. Kimi recorded a time of 1.24,584, which was 0.648 seconds faster than Lewis Hamilton qualifying time in 2014, suggesting Ferrari have taken a step forward. Ferrari seemed to running reliably on the test sessions Among the staff changes at Ferrari, they hired an engineer from Lotus and this Ferrari is to Kimi's liking. Last years model was characterized by understeer as it had been designed for Alonso.

Red Bull are not happy with the Renault engine yet and have had some reliability issues, but Daniel still managed be the fastest, beating Kimi by 0.10 seconds, so it seems the car pace. I would like to see Daniel in a competitive car.

McLaren Honda have had string of reliability issues and may have a tough year if they cant get their act together.

Speculation is that Mercedes haven't shown their hand yet and will be the car to beat.

Advertisement

New financiers have breathed some life into Marussia so they will be able to continue.
    David M likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

My predictions.
    .. Ferrari to be competitive..Merc still top team...Daniel Riccardo and redbull to be more competitive with the Mercedes...Testing can only tell you so much. The bullshit stops when the flag drops😂 bring on Melbourne cant wait

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The interesting one to watch will be Lotus now that they switched to Merc power plants
    Every day is a good day

Lotus are always the underdog but the chassis let them down. That front wing and nose section from last year was an interesting choice

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Half way through testing at Jerez with a terrible chassis and a dodgy motor Daniel Ricciardo has completed two full race distances in the camouflaged Red Bull and come out on top of the lap times. What a bastard!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

McLaren's Roseberg recorded 1.22.792 on Friday using soft tyres, which is the fastest time at Barcelona so far. The next fastest has been Massa for Williams on Thursday in cooler (some rain) less favourable conditions. Bottas's (Willaims) Friday time of 1:203:90 was marginally slower than Massa's Thrursady time of 1:23:500

Ferrari's fastest overall time so far has been1.24,584, which was 0.648 seconds faster than Lewis Hamilton qualifying time in 2014, but almost two seconds down on McLaren.

Looks to me like the Merc boys are again in a glass of their own

Barcelona test on Friday:

1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes 1.22,792 106 kierrosta

2. Valtteri Bottas, Williams +1,203 90

3. Felipe Nasr, Sauber +1,279 140

4. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari +2,547 142

5. Jenson Button, McLaren +2,798 101

6. Pastor Maldonado, Lotus +3,913 139

7. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso +3,974 139

8. Daniil Kvjat, Red Bull +4,173 83

9. Nico Hülkenberg, Force India +5,620 73