• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bigkev414
  • 2 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: Our thoughts for Jules Bianchi

1000+ Posts

Icon9 Our thoughts for Jules Bianchi

SUZUKA Japan (Reuters) - French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi has suffered severe head injuries and is undergoing surgery after a crash that cast a pall over Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.
    The unconscious Marussia driver had been taken by road ambulance to Mie General Hospital near the Suzuka circuit after the accident that brought out red flags and led to the race being stopped early.
    "The CT scan shows that he has suffered a severe head injury and is currently undergoing surgery," the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in an update on his condition.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/motorspo...-suzuka-crash/

Advertisement

Lets all hope for the best.
    David Cavanagh likes this.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Very sad. I have seen the you tube video of the accident, it's as bad as they come. I prefer not to post the link here out of respect.
    David Cavanagh and bluemoon like this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

COL

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    SUZUKA Japan (Reuters) - French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi has suffered severe head injuries and is undergoing surgery after a crash that cast a pall over Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.
    The unconscious Marussia driver had been taken by road ambulance to Mie General Hospital near the Suzuka circuit after the accident that brought out red flags and led to the race being stopped early.
    "The CT scan shows that he has suffered a severe head injury and is currently undergoing surgery," the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in an update on his condition.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/motorspo...-suzuka-crash/
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    Lets all hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Very sad. I have seen the you tube video of the accident, it's as bad as they come. I prefer not to post the link here out of respect.
    Yes its very sad. The accident could of been a lot worse. If Jules had been heading for the other end of that loader its quite possible one of those marshals would no longer be with us.

I think there needs to be a re-think about the procedures of extricating broken down or crashed cars from the race track.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

yep, Gilles Villeneuve is right about this, if there's a crash the safety car should come out,
    make it a rule not a decision which can be influenced by factors such as upsetting the tv audience.
    when Sutil went off and the loader came out, Martin Brundle was immediately apprehensive,
    having come off at Suzuka himself in similar conditions.

Jules is lucky to be alive at all. Those fantastic shovel noses on the current cars made sure that the car would not impact at it's road going level. In fact, the nose made the impact worse for Jules by ensuring the car slid under the mobile crane, putting his head dead level with the underside of the monolithic steel structure. The F1 mob have been looking at enclosed cockpits. Then, thinking about Ayrton Senna's accident perhaps we should look at the fact that the "open wheeler" design was what killed him. If we then enclose the wheels, what have we got? Le Mans Sprint Cars! As long as they sound good I don't think anyone would mind!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Wouldn't it be more effective to keep the safety car out on track until the machinery is safely behind the barrier.
    Every day is a good day

No, there would probably have been less damage to everyone if the first car had just been left where it was. Another slant is that it has always been up to the teams to change tyres to suit the conditions, if they have to proceed to race in the murk at 50km/h, that is how it is.

In yacht racing, it is always the decision of the skipper and his/her crew as to race or continue to race, regardless of the conditions. This simple philosophy should also apply to F1.

We are talking her about the most over-engineered cars in the world. If they can't cope with torrential rain by slowing down or even stopping briefly as you do in Darwin in the wet, what are they contributing to the development of the automobile or civilisation in general?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

COL

Wouldn't it be more effective to keep the safety car out on track until the machinery is safely behind the barrier.
    Yes I think so
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Perhaps the current drivers should have raced in the days before namby pamby safety cars.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Perhaps the current drivers should have raced in the days before namby pamby safety cars.
    The Safety car is not there to just protect the drivers.

The safety car is there to protect the marshals who are mainly volunteers (not being paid megabucks) to help run and keep these events safe.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Don't disagree, but recovery vehicle should not be anywhere near the track at all. It is also not totally the responsibility of the organisers when drivers and teams make elementary and stupid mistakes. There was a "double waved yellow" operating long before the time of Bianchi's incident.

COL

The safety car is used to slow the cars down so that recovery vehicles can remove race cars from dangerous positions safely.

If a race car is stuck in the middle of a gravel trap, it has compromised the ability of the gravel trap to arrest another car safely.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Don't disagree, but in the old days there were no gravel traps, and silly drivers bounced of the track walls, just like speedway. When you consider that F1 is now a manufactured showbiz televison epic with the same formulae as V8 Supercars, no innovation, stifling rules, and 99% advertising it's really starting to get past it's use by date.

Saw the video and for the same reasons advise others not to watch, it is sickening.....
    Hoping Jules recovers quickly and fully.
    Brendan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Don't disagree, but recovery vehicle should not be anywhere near the track at all. It is also not totally the responsibility of the organisers when drivers and teams make elementary and stupid mistakes. There was a "double waved yellow" operating long before the time of Bianchi's incident.
    The double yellow flags were waved prior to the accident, but at the time of the accident, the flags had been changed to yellow flag and a green flag.

I have read reports that data indicates he was doing 213 kmph
    Every day is a good day

Sorry, my mistake. Jules' mistake was a much bigger one.

sadly, yes
    Every day is a good day

1000+ Posts

With sincere condolences to the family and friends of Jules Bianchi, this is a sad day for motorsport.

BBC Sport - Jules Bianchi: F1 driver dies from Suzuka crash injuries

COL

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    With sincere condolences to the family and friends of Jules Bianchi, this is a sad day for motorsport.

BBC Sport - Jules Bianchi: F1 driver dies from Suzuka crash injuries
    Ditto.

A tragic accident that should never of happened.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Very sad.

Having had a brother unconcious (because of an annurism) in coma was a terrible place to be. In our case, as sad as our loss was, it was a sort of a relief from that terrible place, as hard as the loss was, the "animated suspensions" was worse.

I really feel for the family.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information