• Register
  • Help

Default WRC - New rules for 2017

World Rally Championship set for 2017 technical rules revolution

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115101

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Well at least they have the correct people at the table to discuss the rules; Jarmo (A Finn and therefore Rallies), the beautiful Michelle Mouton (ex Group B Audi Quattro pilot) and Jean Todt (ex Peugeot co-driver back in the 504 V6 days. Pinnacle of his career IMHO!)
    When WRC was at it's height; there was three/plus Japanese makes, two French, an Italian, two German and a couple of Poms plus various others from "parts unknown!"(Please use best Ring announcer voice!)
    Also two classes; Group A/WRC and Group N in the various capacities.
    Not to mention a full field of skilled drivers and co-drivers. Worst thing they ever did was to restrict driver eligibility! Best Rally drivers sitting down at Centrelink waiting for a call because they where awesome!
    Just repeat what happened in early '90's without mega/stupid expense and 'Bob has sex with your Aunty!'
    Brendan.

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    Worst thing they ever did was to restrict driver eligibility! Best Rally drivers sitting down at Centrelink waiting for a call because they where awesome!
    Brendan.
    Funny you should say that, a hot rumour of of Scandinavia is that Petter Solberg will be returning to WRC next year in a Citroen to replace Mads Ostberin
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Funny you should say that, a hot rumour of of Scandinavia is that Petter Solberg will be returning to WRC next year in a Citroen to replace Mads Ostberin
    Hopefully Petter still can't stop the occasional expletive issuing forth, certainly made interviews more entertaining!
    Brendan.

Fellow Frogger!

Gosh I miss the WRC being telecast on Ch 10 or One. Think the UK people who used to make the show went broke. Must make a mental note to follow on You Tube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J'aime la vie View Post
    Gosh I miss the WRC being telecast on Ch 10 or One. Think the UK people who used to make the show went broke. Must make a mental note to follow on You Tube.
    there's not much on YouTube unfortunately. A couple of people were posting the 25 min daily roundups made by the WRC (I think) which you have to pay for on WRC+. I haven't seen anything except the free 2 minute segments from wrc for a few months now so i suppose WRC started talking copyright to you tube

There are longer videos but with no commentary to give you an idea of the competition unfolding. Worse, because WRC is European its Website is pretty bad and when i tried to pay a WRC+ subscription the frigging process failed and several emails back and forth couldn't fix it! Hopeless.

Via the aussiefrogs App

channel ten is showing the local round at coffs harbour at 11.30 pm each night.

Quote Originally Posted by denxm View Post
    channel ten is showing the local round at coffs harbour at 11.30 pm each night.
    Thanks, just checked the local (Brisbane) Tv Guide, the Rally is listed for this coming weekend:-

Friday the 12th -11:30 pm channel One
    Saturday 13th - 10:30 pm channel 10
    Sunday 14th - 11 pm channel 10
    Every day is a good day

Banned

Germany Day 1 highlights on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9114LydJs6A

day 2 was blocked due to FIA complaining to youTube, but in the last 24 hours, there are now links to download day 2 and 3 highlights from Megaupload site in NZ.

Banned

Thread Information