S Ogier crashes out of German round of the WRC big time
  • Register
  • Help

Default S Ogier crashes out of German round of the WRC big time

I haven't found the footage on you tube yet, but it can be accesses via this article (need to wait, it comes up in what appears to be a photo under the title, mine was bit slow so be patient) . It is a Finnish language new item so the content might be double dutch but the video after the add is self explanatory

Sebastien Ogier rysäytti vauhdilla läpi suojakaiteen - katso video - Ralli - Ilta-Sanomat

Advertisement

Latvala is leading the rally at the beginning of the last day, following his win in Finland during the previous round.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Barely enough time to go,"Oi!Oi!Oi!". (Seppo Harjiani) Fivedoor can correct the spelling, my Suomi is limited to ordering "One beer thank you./ Yiski Ohlutto Keetos"
    Did like the co-drivers reflex action so he didn't cop a face full of glass splinters. Bloody quick off.
    Brendan.

Banned

What was latvala doing on the last day!!?? All he had to do was go easy and let his 50s lead wear down over a few stages only pushing 90%. And he crashed out!

I would love to see him take the title. ... Ogier really is brilliant but has an annoying smugness i didn't find in Loeb. He just assumes he is going to take the title. Jari Matti is 95% as good but affected by his emotions to much. I think he had just let excitement get to him. God he must kicking himself for that one! You don't get many chances to pick up at least 25 pts on Ogier on one go!

definitely not sent via the aussiefrogs phone app

Ogier out, Latvala out. Meeke took over the lead briefly before Latvala's crash and he crashed out also. Latvala's co-driver said in Finnish media that the road surface suddenly became more slippery. It was the first stage on the last day. Latvala has always been flat out type of guy, who probably crashes out little too often. He is getting little better in that regards. Most Finish rally drivers struggle with tar surfaces at least early in their careers, they tend to be masters of gravel and snow.

He won the Rally of Finland from Ogier. The final time difference in that rally do not tell the whole story as Latvala battled much of the seconds last day with his brakes. Only one of the front brakes was working, which no doubt makes you earn you keep. Despite the problem he managed to keep his lead in that rally which showed great maturity. Oh well.
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    Barely enough time to go,"Oi!Oi!Oi!". (Seppo Harjiani) Fivedoor can correct the spelling, my Suomi is limited to ordering "One beer thank you./ Yiski Ohlutto Keetos"
    Did like the co-drivers reflex action so he didn't cop a face full of glass splinters. Bloody quick off.
    Brendan.
    The oioioi was an all time favourite of mine.

One beer thank you = Yksi olut, kiitos or

if you are game - Pullo Koskenkorva (Pullo = bottle) Koskenkorva Vodka - If you are looking for a great vodka. Not a lifestyle.
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    The oioioi was an all time favourite of mine.

One beer thank you = Yksi olut, kiitos or

if you are game - Pullo Koskenkorva (Pullo = bottle) Koskenkorva Vodka - If you are looking for a great vodka. Not a lifestyle.
    Has been a while since I ordered a beer in Finland, 1989 IIRC! As I said my spelling isn't that good whatever language, profane I do in many dialects.
    The 'oioioi' is a classic co-driver thing, my party trick was to get the drivers attention was to mimic Nicky Grist, insistent Welsh accent under duress. AKA "Listen to me Colin!" If you've watched the in car video's you know what I mean.
    Brendan.

Thread Information