F1 Driver rumours
  • Register
  • Help

Default F1 Driver rumours

McLaren, who will be with Honda engine next year, are rumoured to be negotiating with Vettel to replace Button. Vettel is said to be unhappy at Red Bull. Vettel is also known to have a dream of racing a Ferrari at some stage of his career.

Advertisement

Honda have asked Alonso to indicate his interest to swap teams by middle of next week. Alonso has a contract until 2016, but it is believed he has a performance clause out, if Ferrari don't make it to the top 3 teams in the Manufacturers championship. Ferrari are currently in third place with Williams close on their heels, being only 7 points behind. Could Alonso end up in a McLaren?

Ferrari are also reported to be in negotiations with Alonso hoping to sign him up until 2019. Alonso is is said to be asking 35 million euros pa for the three years

Toro Roso have signed young Max Verstappen, another second generation racer. Max will partner Danii Kvjat.

Let the nonsense begin
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

The current driver/manufacturer relationship is interesting. On the other hand, the unhappy drivers could all take Jack Brabham's route: design and build their own cars and take the F1 drivers championship all on their own! As if!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Banned

alonso and vettel on the same team! two top drivers like that could really cause some friction if McLaren started winning.

I cant see both Vettel and Alonso of them ending there, I would assume that Merc are chasing a top driver and are talking to prospects

I think the days of drivers designing their own cars are well and truly over.

Driver change for this weekend. American Alexander Rossi (22) will replace Max Chilton at Marussia. He joined Marussia a month ago as a test driver from Caterham
    Every day is a good day

Alonso has confirmed today that his current plan is to stay with Ferrari beyond 2016
    Every day is a good day

Some European news are reporting that Alonso's contract includes an out clause, if on a given date he is 50 point behind the leader in the Drivers Championship, he can get out of the contract with Ferrari

Previously the only clause that was being mentioned was that the if the team fell outside the top 3 in the Manufacturer's Championship, Alonso could get out of the contract.

Alonso has publicly denied the rumours of him moving to McLaren-Honda. It should be remembered that Alonso left McLaren under rather unpleasant circumstance.
    Every day is a good day

No longer a rumour - Vettel will leave Red Bull end of 2014 - believed going to Ferrari in 2015

Does this mean Alonso is finally fed up with Ferrari? Where is he heading? McLaren Honda? I expect the Vettel anouncement will force Ferrari/Alonso hand to make an announcement

And a big congradulations to Danny, who would have thought 10 months ago of him doing a number on 4 times world champion in the first year
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information