2014 AUSTRALIAN MOTORKHANA CHAMPIONSHIP to be held in Sydney!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGRR
  • 1 Post By BIGRR

Thread: 2014 AUSTRALIAN MOTORKHANA CHAMPIONSHIP to be held in Sydney!

Default 2014 AUSTRALIAN MOTORKHANA CHAMPIONSHIP to be held in Sydney!

The 2014 Australian Motorkhana Championship is being held in NSW, at Nirimba Education Precinct.
    Detailed information, including supplementary regulations and online entry are available on the promoter, Mini Car Club of New South Wales' website at www.miniclub.com.au .

Entry open to any Car Club Member with any current CAMS License (see full regulations at above website).

Spectating is FREE!!!!

Don't miss it, this is a National event, competitors from WA, Qld, Tas, SA, Vic, NT, ACT and NSW.

For further Motorkhana information see:

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Motorkhana1

& News

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

Advertisement
    Last edited by BIGRR; 29th September 2014 at 12:30 AM.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

The 2014 Australian Motorkhana Championship is being held in NSW, at Nirimba Education Precinct. SUNDAY 5th OCTOBER. Action starts 10:00 am. Probably 100 Entrants.
    Detailed information, including supplementary regulations and online entry are available on the promoter, Mini Car Club of New South Wales' website at www.miniclub.com.au .

Entry open to any Car Club Member with any current CAMS License (see full regulations at above website).

Spectating is FREE!!!!

Don't miss it, this is a National event, competitors from WA, Qld, Tas, SA, Vic, NT, ACT and NSW.

For further Motorkhana information see:

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Motorkhana1

& News

SEE YOU THERE!!!!
    Last edited by BIGRR; 29th September 2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Fellow Frogger!

U sure you have the correct month?
    Adrian Wuillemin

Guess we missed it!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

It's over the long weekend in OCTOBER, so yes a typo.
    You haven't missed it.
    RCCA will be running one of the tests as will HDCC and possibly Thornleigh CC I believe.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Wuillemi View Post
    U sure you have the correct month?
    Yes!! (NOW).
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Watch out for the Territorians - the NT has Adam, Grant, Travis & Zack competing - say hello

NT Reno

Quote Originally Posted by nt reno View Post
    Watch out for the Territorians - the NT has Adam, Grant, Travis & Zack competing - say hello
    Will be great to see them, the more the merrier!
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Quote Originally Posted by nt reno View Post

Saw the NT boys there at practice today, they went to a lot of trouble to attend.
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

G'day, I'm here with at least 4 others.
    Last edited by pug206gti; 5th October 2014 at 06:47 PM.

2014 Australian Motorkhana Championship: Run and lost class (Again).

The Championship was run at Nirimba this year over two absolute scorching days, Saturday - Scutineering & Practiceand Sunday - knocking flags down, smoking up the tyres and making up excuses.
    The 205 ended up second in class again! – some very good competition and drivers in the class. A Mitsubishi Lancer coupe, Honda S2000, the 205 and a Lotus Gemini, were amongst the runners at the pointy end. Also 2 or 3 other cars that just run really well all day and wait for the top runners to fold.
    The lead seesawed a bit between 5 drivers over the 12 tests. As usual I started slowly and came home “on fire.”
    And here comes my excuse:- My small error this year was that on the way out to the competition on Sunday as I drove past the last service station I thought “I should really pull up and put 5 or 6 liters of fuel in, na, the tank is half full and, there are no tests with continuous right hand turns” (WRONG!! ) The second last test the “Pentagon” has 2 very fast right angle turns, and 4 very, very tight full 360 degree turns (I am an idiot). For people that know about 205s they all know about fuel surge on right handers (I have only known this for about 10 years though) and the engine died at 5 of the turns (Bugger there goes 2 or 3 seconds). This meant I had to drive like a maniac on the last test and it did not go that well + 1 flag penalty, add at least 5 more seconds!
    I am very happy with that result, NO “Wrong Directions” or mechanical issues this year.
    I am also happy that I know the 205 is still good enough to take on the field (The nut behind the wheel is still the only problem).
    Well I guess next year at Bendigo will have to be my turn! (Sounds like a broken record).

Full results should be posted on Mini Car Club NSW site (soon).

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...WjBaVBHN9EPDbw

Great to see 4 or 5 "aussie froggers" turn up for a look and a natter. I hope they had a good time. Sorry I did not see all that turned up.

pug206gti likes this.
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Tadpole

Went along for a quick geeze yesterday. Good to see Rob and his 205 in action. all in all a good event.

Looking forward to the next one when I might be able to sort myself out and go for a skid.

Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Icon6

G'day,
    here is something similar on a bike...

Donnie Williams - 1st run http__www.NTMSC.com - MP4 360p.mp4 - Watch or Download | DownVids.net

The bike probably weighs about 350 - 360 Kgs. Not too shabby.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

On the handicap results, looking at the multiplication factor, it seems a little unfair that a Class C (0.796) car actually gets an easier handicap than a D class (0.797) car. And even a B Class (0.805) is only a little worse off than a D (0.797). The standout class for handicap is Class E (0.74) for 4WD, WRX and EVO and the like. The guy in the M3 did exceptionally well in Class D at the championships.

I ran in class D for many years in a 405, and won many events on handicap, back then it was 0.82. This was then made leaner and leaner to 0.86 (I think) as I won more, but the rear drive D class had no hope of winning, so a D class front wheel drive class was made to separate me from the RWD group to be able give them a different handicap. No other sedan group was segregated into F and R with differing handicaps. It worked out in the end that I only had a 0.5 second advantage over a Mini in a 30 second test.

One QLD Motorkhana Panel member even looked into changing the length of the wheelbase for D class to bring me into C, but found that if that was done then Commodores would also be C, so that wasn't an option. At one state round he decided that he could restrict me by putting in more reverse tests, which was done, (all bar 2 tests were reverse, I think. I got 4th on handicap) but the uproar from the rest of the competitors stopped that happening again. He said to me after the event that he had at last got my measure. At this point I had had enough, I finished the season, and decided to give it all a miss.

My 405SRI was stock, even down to the steel wheels and hubcaps. The only mod was a screw in the handbrake button to hold it down, and maybe this was what irked him the most. I had one competitor asked me how I got my starts so good with only about 3 turns of wheelspin. I said I was dropping the clutch at 5000rpm and that was all it would do. He thought I had some sort of Traction Control electronics sorting it for me, but sadly not.

I had successfully run a 205GTI before two 405s, and it was a great car, but I would now choose a 172 or 182 Clio if I were to go back.

Well done Robert, and I do hope all the flags line up for first at your next AMC.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

VIP Sponsor

How did the handbrake turns go?
    My SRi locks the rear wheels easily but with the soft rear suspension just hangs on at the rear.
    Same for a competitor in an SRDT, I gave him the rear suspension out of the Mi16 I was wrecking to see whether the stiffer set up would let it slide more.
    I will be interested to see how it goes.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore View Post
    On the handicap results, looking at the multiplication factor, it seems a little unfair that a Class C (0.796) car actually gets an easier handicap than a D class (0.797) car. And even a B Class (0.805) is only a little worse off than a D (0.797). The standout class for handicap is Class E (0.74) for 4WD, WRX and EVO and the like. The guy in the M3 did exceptionally well in Class D at the championships.

I ran in class D for many years in a 405, and won many events on handicap, back then it was 0.82. This was then made leaner and leaner to 0.86 (I think) as I won more, but the rear drive D class had no hope of winning, so a D class front wheel drive class was made to separate me from the RWD group to be able give them a different handicap. No other sedan group was segregated into F and R with differing handicaps. It worked out in the end that I only had a 0.5 second advantage over a Mini in a 30 second test.

One QLD Motorkhana Panel member even looked into changing the length of the wheelbase for D class to bring me into C, but found that if that was done then Commodores would also be C, so that wasn't an option. At one state round he decided that he could restrict me by putting in more reverse tests, which was done, (all bar 2 tests were reverse, I think. I got 4th on handicap) but the uproar from the rest of the competitors stopped that happening again. He said to me after the event that he had at last got my measure. At this point I had had enough, I finished the season, and decided to give it all a miss.

My 405SRI was stock, even down to the steel wheels and hubcaps. The only mod was a screw in the handbrake button to hold it down, and maybe this was what irked him the most. I had one competitor asked me how I got my starts so good with only about 3 turns of wheelspin. I said I was dropping the clutch at 5000rpm and that was all it would do. He thought I had some sort of Traction Control electronics sorting it for me, but sadly not.

I had successfully run a 205GTI before two 405s, and it was a great car, but I would now choose a 172 or 182 Clio if I were to go back.

Well done Robert, and I do hope all the flags line up for first at your next AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    here is something similar on a bike...

Donnie Williams - 1st run http__www.NTMSC.com - MP4 360p.mp4 - Watch or Download | DownVids.net

The bike probably weighs about 350 - 360 Kgs. Not too shabby.
    "Donnie" is not bad is he?

How long would it take to reset the cones/flags up????

Could you imagine the holes he would dig in your foot path lawn when delivering the mail though?
    pug206gti likes this.
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore View Post

The bloke causing all the "D" handicap problems is Reece McIntosh! His record times are on average just in front of mine (His car is roughly twice as large though!) Before this year he held 22 of the class D records & he has competed in 4 different class D vehicles, Skyline, Reno Clio and 2x BMWs. I guess he will have set 7 more time records this year. HE SHOULD BE BANNED (Joke)! He has asked quite a few Specials' owners for a drive of their cars, none have given him a drive yet (I can't see why though!). I have clamped my driver's seat all the way back so that he can't reach the wheel. Note there was only a moke (sedan?) finished in front of him on actual times this year (and the BMW hit a flag).

I expect to see class D with a marginally closer to 1.00 multiplying factor next year in Bendigo (!?).
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v

Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    How did the handbrake turns go?
    My SRi locks the rear wheels easily but with the soft rear suspension just hangs on at the rear.
    Same for a competitor in an SRDT, I gave him the rear suspension out of the Mi16 I was wrecking to see whether the stiffer set up would let it slide more.
    I will be interested to see how it goes.
    Graham
    Both my series 1 and 2 405SRIs had very good handbrakes and would bring the back of the car around very well. I used standard old rubbish tyres on the rear, and whatever second hand 185/60/14s A008rs I could get or equivalent on the front. My 2001 306 XT was ordinary in handbrake turns though, and the ABS had to be disabled.

The Mi16 rear torsion bars are 1mm larger in diameter and would improve the 405 in all conditions.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Thread Information