Passing of Mrs Cath Kebblewhite ( life member of the CCCQ )
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DS

Thread: Passing of Mrs Cath Kebblewhite ( life member of the CCCQ )

Fellow Frogger!

Default Passing of Mrs Cath Kebblewhite ( life member of the CCCQ )

Cath Kebblewhite known to all in the Citroen Car Club of Queensland as elegant enthusiast, traveller and bird watcher and life member has left us today.
    Mostly remembered by all for her white driving gloves, used in her sequence of DS, BXs, white XM and C4s, ....
    ( and a James Bond inspired specially painted 2CV ), Cath was a member of the executive committee of the CCCQ through the 70s and 80s. In her professional life as a structural engineer she had been called upon by the Queensland University of Technology to lecture young women about their potential in the male dominated field.
    She was a pioneer among tertiary educated women during her life, ( and an executive officer of the YWCA ) and a gracious lady to the end.

Advertisement

My sincerest condolences to Cath's family.
    I will always remember Cath for the exceptionally warm welcome she gave to me as a new member of the CCCQ, for her always intelligent conversations, and her gracious manner.
    For years before I joined the club I was one of the many motorists who noticed the road manners of the white-gloved lady who glided past in her immaculate DS Pallas. I sometimes thought the officers on points-duty at the Albion fiveways seemed to wait to ensure she got through the interesction; she always appeared to acknowledge them with a wave of the white glove. Later as a club member, I remember many days where we would pass in the traffic and Cath's white gloved hand would pop out of the 2CV or later the BX and wave a friendly greeting.
    Cath will be missed.
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

UFO

I remember meeting her and chatting at Cit Ins in the early 2000s. Always gracious. She positively glowed when others praised her lovely white XM.

A great Citroen ambassador.

Fellow Frogger!

Who could forget Cath ? A unique, warm, & inspiring lady.

Richard

I remember her very well from the days in the late eighties and part of the nineties when we attended a number queensland club events. She was truly a lovely person and around that time she drove a white BX.

What a lady she was. May she rest in peace.

Via the aussiefrogs App

(oh you can remove
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

DS

Oh my. She was a super human being. She had no fear of distance.
    UFO likes this.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Thread Information