twin city auto dismantlers

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
any one know whether these guys are genuine thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-115917.png
    Screenshot_20240428-115917.png
    728.3 KB · Views: 58
Well the company exists in Albury NSW. It'd be called twin cities because of the Albury - Wodonga thing either side of the Murray River.

They have a web site

Maybe it's best to actually speak to someone on (02) 6041 2550.

No idea, but there is a wrecker by that name in Albury, NSW. What are the odds an all-makes wrecker in Albury has NOS CX gearbox parts in stock? Not impossible, but you might want to visit their website (note the LHD stock images) and call them.

Also think about what CX-basis ask for gearbox bits relative to $510 with free delivery (for what exactly?) ...
https://www.cx-basis.de/shop/motor-kupplung-getriebe/getriebe.html?p=5

it's odd because the cx basis are offering only the ring not the pak .
l have replaced the rings previous and not a success lasted 6 months then chunchy again .
these guys ere advertising in the Facebook aussie frogs and cx parts for wrecks so I contacted them .
there is a guy in the UK with syncro paks but works out to close to $1k to get them out here ?
so maybe worth a punt

Archy,

Don't forget your conversation below.

I replaced a 3rd gear synchro on my 4 speed CX box via the side door. It was good to start with but it only lasted 6 months too. Something need to be done to the tapered cone on the associated gear wheel to renew its surface to OEM standard so that it stops chewing out the steel synchro ring in double quick time.

Same goes for GS gearboxes.

Cheers, Ken

Is there some sort of coating on the conical part? I have a NOS synchro for a c-matic somewhere and I recall it has some sort of material on it that looked like it was starting to degrade. Perhaps, just storage/shipping protection?

Archy,

Don't forget your conversation below.

I replaced a 3rd gear synchro on my 4 speed CX box via the side door. It was good to start with but it only lasted 6 months too. Something need to be done to the tapered cone on the associated gear wheel to renew its surface to OEM standard so that it stops chewing out the steel synchro ring in double quick time.

Same goes for GS gearboxes.

Cheers, Ken
thanks ken that's why I was looking at the full pak not just the syncro ring .

there is a guy in the UK has them but as said price inc freight is prohibitive , then these guys popped up offering same in au but not convinced they are legit .
a bit esoteric for a scam but I have been done before

looking at Google search and the photos sent have been lifted from the UK e bay site I have been following that have the synchros for around $1k so looks dodgy now

Not same vehicle brand but at last employ while working on scania buses got caught out replacing synchro cone only on a gearbox,was not good on road test.removed and dismantled and found replacement cone taper a noticeably different angle to original.complete ring/cone/gear replacement then all good.so as happens manufacturer changes specs more often than not,a lesson about double checking everything and not assuming…jim

Reactions: COL
There is no way a wrecker in australia has 5spd CX syncrhos. They never wore when new, and barely a handful of cars with 5spd gearboxes were ever sold in australia. now if they said they had NOS 4spd gearbox syncrhos, this is more believable (they wore badly very early on). The likelyhood they know what car they fit ... and still have them on a shelf some 45 years later .... I don't believe that !