Renault megane IV 1.2 misfire/hesitation

Dezza1

Tadpole
Tadpole
hi, I have a 2017 Renault megane with currently 254000kms
Have just literally spent about 6k in maintenance in the year I’ve owned it, hence the kms… Fantastic car!
Currently I had a rocker cover gasket change,(a week prior) and it went back in as it was still leaking,(under warranty of course)
Now to replace this you have to remove the high pressure fuel pump,which is the 3rd time it’s been off in about 2 months.
Issue I’m having is
- starting sounding like it’s having a compression test (has only done this a couple times before clearing code faults)
- idle rough and when going to touch throttle it misfires/ splutters
- drives fine during normal driving
- splutters at speedlimit in high gear
- all safety features disabled and engine light on (clears with a reset)

Any ideas? I changed the plugs and coils to no difference,
checked air filter and stinks of fuel

Is there a special way of removing a high pressure fuel pump to check?
it throws up code related to injector misfires.
TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_5166.png
    IMG_5166.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 37
Changed the fuel pump feels a lot better but still slight hesitation On take off.
obd still says misfire in cylinder 2,
before it said cylinder 2 and multiply
taking it in for compression test as I heard these 1.2 engines were prone to piston issues but earlier models

Or you could try swapping #2 fuel injector with another cylinder, and see if the fault transfers, to eliminate the injector itself?
Careful with leaks, you may need new seals or something.

I was firstly going to suggest the Crank Angle Sensor, but if you are throwing up fuel OBD codes, probably not. But these can certainly cause misfiring - at least on many models.
But on reflection, your OBD code is just misfire, not necessarily fuel, may be ignition. Again try swapping coils and plugs, even if they are new, in addition to the Crank Angle sensor.

Last edited:
I’ve pulled the injectors out and sent them away to be reconditioned we’ll see how they come up,Renault wants 265 per injector but a 8-10 week wait!
hopefully they clean up

No couldn’t get in for another week I’m on holidays bored, sick with flu and decided to get a start on something, as watching so many injector fail videos on YouTube,which points to all the symptoms I have.
with the kms this car has I’m expecting things to start failing.
once these are back I will get the tests done