Koleos R-Link clock time fault

Bergi

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi I have a 2014 petrol Koleos with R-Link navigation. Touch screen.
The clock always shows an hour out of time. If the correct time is 10.00 it shows 9.00.
It doesn't change with daylight savings nor when I toggle between "Auto" and "set time manually" When I set the correct time, the next time the car is started it reverts to the incorrect time. It does this even if I set it 2 hours "early", it reverts to the incorrect time next engine start.
It's running application:11.313.1467818-3036, the latest update I could find. Renault dealer knows less about the car than I do so no help whatsoever....
It also has the habit, not every time, of restarting itself and reloading the maps. This means a black screen and no driver input to audio system or navigation is possible until it's finished it's wee tantrum...
Please post solutions to the above issues if you have them please...
Photo shows system information screen.
20240318_203530[1].jpg

good to know I'm not alone.... the thing always reckons that we're gonna arrive before we leave, well, not quite, it depends on the season. SWMBO sets the thing manually as auto appeared to be non functional. The clock itself mainly behaves, but gains time rapidly, bloody poor for a modern crystal/satellite controlled thing.

LatitudeTomTom.jpg

ours is a 2014 Latitude, but looks to have a later software version than yours !
There was a head unit update available on line a couple of years ago but I missed the cutoff date. Dealers were no help....
Bit of comment here....
about updating this damn Renault 'puter, but since I pulled the SD card one day and it took 2-3 days for the maps to come back I haven't been game to have another go at it.

There's a lot to be said for poverty pack cars, I've had a Garmin map unit for years that's never given any grief and updates for free, currently in the Kangoo.

Bob

.... I've often wondered if the thing is living in a different time zone...

Bob

Thanks..... looks like we're on our own with this issue, might have to glue an analogue clock to the dash!

have you tried a reset ? it's in the handbook, and the settings menu. Seem to recall that when I tried it a time and date flashed by that didn't have much to do with reality, maybe just BIOS data, it didn't give me the opportunity to feed in current data.
Bob

Have you contacted Tom Tom support

at https://www.renault.com.au/ownership/faqs/ there is a bit of reading that I haven't noticed before... TomTom site looks to redirect to Renault UK and you need to know which R-link unit you have - didn't notice 'Latitude' on the car listings.
Expanded FAQ questions PDF attached, page 3 onwards....
Bob

Attachments

• Frequently Asked Questions Renault Australia.pdf
    967.1 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for your replies Bob, I'll check out the Renault UK information.I'll post back here if I ever get a resolution.
Thanks, Alan.

Well, since New Zealand daylight saving ended a couple of weeks ago the time has been correct! This didn't happen last year when DS ended but I'm not complaining! Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Reactions: bob
mine (2018 Koleos with Rlink) did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago. Clock is out 1 hour, and occasionally a black screen with no function. Last time, I disconnected the battery, let it sit and when reconnected, the screen came back, but clock is still out.