INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

long time since I've noticed advertising for a current citroen;
Untitled.jpg

I'm seeing that ad too - on the SMH website. However I'm assuming that "they" know I have an interest in French cars and are selecting ads that "they" think I might be interested in.

A quality dealer will have happy customers. If there is a problem he will take the problem onboard and the owner will still have a positive experience.

Yes, 100%.

Continental Cars in Sydney make owning a Citroen or Peugeot a delight. Thank God for them.

At the current sales levels, Inchcape's business model is a failure. I really don't understand why Stellantis accepts this.

Yes, 100%.

Continental Cars in Sydney make owning a Citroen or Peugeot a delight. Thank God for them.

At the current sales levels, Inchcape's business model is a failure. I really don't understand why Stellantis accepts this.
From Perth, Continentals were the only people worth talking to about Xantia spare parts. Wonderful people. And yes, I just cannot understand why Stellantis continues with this dismal situation. They should either do it properly or pull out. Citroen sales are surely doing more harm than good.

Our local importer is certainly responsible for the poor advertising of the brand in Australia but from my recent experience in purchasing my C5X Hybrid, I would say that they are not being supported by Citroen or Stellantis because of the way their orders for new cars seem to be slashed eg An order for 15 C5X Hybrids and only one gets delivered!

Cheers, Ken

Our local importer is certainly responsible for the poor advertising of the brand in Australia but from my recent experience in purchasing my C5X Hybrid, I would say that they are not being supported by Citroen or Stellantis because of the way their orders for new cars seem to be slashed eg An order for 15 C5X Hybrids and only one gets delivered!

Cheers, Ken
So, why does Inchcape bother? Either way it is pathetic.

What are the unique features of the Australian cars compared to the UK models? The numbers are so low the only way it can work is as an offshoot of a bigger operation. How would it be viable to employ any dedicated Citroen staff in Australia? Perhaps the Chinese cars are bought from Dong Feng for a favorable price?

What are the unique features of the Australian cars compared to the UK models? The numbers are so low the only way it can work is as an offshoot of a bigger operation. How would it be viable to employ any dedicated Citroen staff in Australia? Perhaps the Chinese cars are bought from Dong Feng for a favorable price?
I presume a few ADR details. Totally agree with you re numbers/offshoot argument.

a couple of quotes from https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-reviews/2024-peugeot-e-2008-review

Controversially the e-2008 has come to Australia in pre-update form. Peugeot recently revealed the mid-life update for the SUV line-up which brought new looks inside and out, as well as more power and range for the e-2008. This model is set to arrive locally at an unconfirmed date.

The Peugeot e-2008 GT’s pricing is just a stone’s throw away from the likes of the larger and top-selling Tesla Model Y ($65,400). It’s also notably more expensive than other Chinese-built electric SUVs like the BYD Atto 3 Extended Range ($51,011) and MG ZS EV Long Range ($55,990).

Peugeot Australia claims it has “good” stock of the e-2008 for this year and will have enough supply to meet the demand. For now we’ll just have to wait and see what impact this small electric SUV actually has on the Australian new car market.

soooo peugeot bought a bunch of runout models, tried to sell them for an inflated full price and now getting rid of them at a price they should have started at. typical.

Will there be compensation for buyers who paid full price? If there were any. Buyer confidence dumped along with the stock. A way of disposing of unsold stock just above registering them and sending them to the auctions. It will make it impossible to sell Peugeot EV's at a high price again unless there is a guaranteed residual value scheme.

April 2024 Sales

Citroen C3 – 1
Citroen C4 – 2
Citroen C5 Aircross – 2
Citroen C5 X – 4
Citroen Total – 9

Peugeot 2008 – 35
Peugeot 3008 – 40
Peugeot 308 – 11
Peugeot 408 – 5
Peugeot 5008 – 4
Peugeot 508 – 3
Peugeot Boxer – 4
Peugeot Expert – 23
Peugeot Partner – 50
Peugeot Total – 175

Renault Arkana – 26
Renault Captur – 24
Renault Kangoo – 25
Renault Koleos – 53
Renault Master – 150
Renault Megane – 2
Renault Megane E-Tech – 16
Renault Trafic – 107
Renault Total – 403

June 1955, Peugeot sales of one model 180 vehicles, 69 years later nine models are selling 175. In a population over three times larger.
Even Citroen sold 16 in June 1955.

What was the rest of the market in Australia then, Russell.

How many makes, how many cars sold?
Far more diversity in vehicles now, for sure. There is now far more money and far more cars per capita I'd reckon. I'd say they've gone backwards a very long way and more than the 1/3 of 1955 based on population ratio.

How many two-car families were there in 1955 or even 1965? Precious few I'd surmise from my own experience. I went to school in the 1950s and 1960s with people whose family had one car at most, and I wasn't on poverty street exactly.

June 1955, 47 makes listed, sedan sales just over 15,000. British share 60%. VW was the best selling European followed by Peugeot. Boom year for car sales. everyone was getting rid of their pre-wars.