Geoff Buys Cars Denied Fuel at BP UK

that hilarious ... I would have filled a 20 litre drum ... .then filled the car from the drum.... infront of them .... spilling as much as I can on the ground in the process for them to clean up.

haha, I was questioned many times by servo attendants about filling the R10, but usually a short explanation sorted it out. Had to show one once the engine bay to assure him it was a legit method of putting fuel in it.

This guy didnt do much to explain the situation (ie its not the boot thats open...) so can only assume he was more interested in the video getting clicks.

haha, I was questioned many times by servo attendants about filling the R10, but usually a short explanation sorted it out. Had to show one once the engine bay to assure him it was a legit method of putting fuel in it.

This guy didnt do much to explain the situation (ie its not the boot thats open...) so can only assume he was more interested in the video getting clicks.
The lady behind the counter said "I know your tank's in your boot", what's for him to explain?
Their policy is the boot, bonnet and all doors must be closed while refuelling. If you read the comments, there are people with early Beetles, Hillman Imps, early Landrovers (with the tank under the seats), etc that have had the same refusal problem at BP.
The "hot engine" risk is just BS, otherwise motorcycles would be going up in flames every 5 minutes.

The BP at the back of me in Canning highway has twice refused to turn the pump on till the attendant has seem the filler is in the back "boot lid", they then went back in and turned my pump on. I go there for the freshest 98, for customer cars, as they have a good turn over/

Never before at any other filling stations.

Alconi at Stef.jpg

The lady behind the counter said "I know your tank's in your boot", what's for him to explain?
Their policy is the boot, bonnet and all doors must be closed while refuelling. If you read the comments, there are people with early Beetles, Hillman Imps, early Landrovers (with the tank under the seats), etc that have had the same refusal problem at BP.
The "hot engine" risk is just BS, otherwise motorcycles would be going up in flames every 5 minutes.
I try to avoid the comments as a general rule... Oh well, plenty of other servos.

Actually at country service stations they come out and have a look at the R10 while i am filling up. The guy in Bridgetown who I normally go to comes out from behind the counter to scrutinize the car, then goes back and attends other customers,

Interesting comment on refueling motorcycles. However if i took in my motor scooter which has the fuel tank under the seat and so must be refueled with the seat up, therefore with the "boot" stowage space open, like most scooters. would that be not allowed ???:mad:
HMmn rules for the sake of silly ideas from a desk bound DH that does not get out much in the real world.
Next I guess we might have to sign a waiver to do anything not considered 'normal' ;)
Jaahn

Reactions: COL
Interesting comment on refueling motorcycles. However if i took in my motor scooter which has the fuel tank under the seat and so must be refueled with the seat up, therefore with the "boot" stowage space open, like most scooters. would that be not allowed ???:mad:
HMmn rules for the sake of silly ideas from a desk bound DH that does not get out much in the real world.
Next I guess we might have to sign a waiver to do anything not considered 'normal' ;)
Jaahn
If I had to guess I'm thinking maybe they've had some sort of incidents with someone fueling up containers either inside the car or in the boot?
I read a report on hundreds of fire refueling incidents in the US and a surprisingly high number involved the driver getting in and out of the car while I was it was fueling up. They were jamming the triggers with pens, rocks etc.
Some were checking their fuel gauge, or writing a cheque, or escaping the cold and so on. It would seem when they first get out any static electricity discharges during removing the cap, grabbing the pump nozzle etc. They they get back in the car, recharge with static electricity and the next thing they touch is the pumping nozzle with its associated cloud of vapours.
I guess the other thing would be that for all the clerk inside the servo knows (if the containers aren't visible), they could be filling up old milk cartons and soft drink bottles inside the car.🤷‍♂️