DS23 Safari Restoration

i used a socket with a long extension through the wheelarch after removing the guard. need to turn the drivesaft to get them all. You might get them with a spanner but as above, they can be tight

i used a socket with a long extension through the wheelarch after removing the guard. need to turn the drivesaft to get them all. You might get them with a spanner but as above, they can be tight
On my DS23 its impossible to fit a socket. The nut sits in a pocket that is too short for a socket

If I recall to remove those triaxe housings I used a mixture of long extension bars and a spanner. Needed a decent bit of leverage to get them undone.

When I did them back up, I used a 3/8th inch ratchet, on a long extension bar. Then to torque them up, I used the 1/2 inch torque wrench ( as that’s all i have!) It was all pretty tight and uncomfortable!
On my DS23 the triax nuts sit in a pocket. Its too short to fit a socket and only a ring spanner can be fitted to the nut. I have a torque wrench but it can't be used as it works with a socket

Your project sounds fascinating! do you thnk there might be a missing spring causing the return issue? Check if the horizontal coil spring on the pivot shaft is intact. Also, your restoration journey is inspiring!
Cheers!