DS21 carby kit

palyasm

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, no doubt this has been asked/answered before - is there a locally available source for the rebuild kit for the Weber 28/36 DMA? I assume quite a few other makes would have used this Weber?

I only really need the needle and seat / float valve assy. Top gasket would be handy, but easy enough to make one.

Strange, the carby didn't leak last time I drove it (10 years ago...)!

SU Midel in Sydney perhaps. Check the float valve for wear. You can clean up the seat and point of the float valve in a lathe (even a power drill) and it should seal again if that's the extent of your problem. There's not a lot to go wrong beyond general wear and warpage of the base. I have a cover gasket for a 28/36 DDE but I don't know if that differs to DMA.

Thanks for responses.

To get the thing going for the time being, I made the top gasket and cleaned-up the needle soft-point with some fine wet & dry - it had some crusty deposits - and now there are no leaks and it is starting and idling nicely...

They are quite expensive these days too. I need to chase up the kit for an early solex (or 3) .... they are available on ebay. "Not cheap" I guess is better than "not available" :)