DS failing to rise to the occasion

So, it looks like I might have discovered the problem…and solution…to my DS rising issues.

Finally got the chance to pull the LHS guard off to inspect the height corrector…and this is what I discovered - refer pic.
I had aircon fitted around a year ago, strange I haven’t had problems until now 🤷‍♂️
This also explains why I heard a definite “clack” sound when I was playing with the manual height lever.
With the hose removed from the height corrector firewall port, everything began to operate as it should.👏👍
Now I can understand how tempting and convenient it seems to run the air conditioning evaporator drain hose through a seemingly under-utilised fire wall access hole….but!
If I had the seal grommet in place, this probably would not have happened. (New one ordered!)
AEECAB41-C5AE-43BB-9CA0-7E4160E732FC.jpeg

It has been known for A/C installers to route the flexible piping through the front mud guards so they can’t be fully removed as intended! They need to be laid over the inner guards only.

So, it looks like I might have discovered the problem…and solution…to my DS rising issues.

Finally got the chance to pull the LHS guard off to inspect the height corrector…and this is what I discovered - refer pic.
I had aircon fitted around a year ago, strange I haven’t had problems until now 🤷‍♂️
This also explains why I heard a definite “clack” sound when I was playing with the manual height lever.
With the hose removed from the height corrector firewall port, everything began to operate as it should.👏👍
Now I can understand how tempting and convenient it seems to run the air conditioning evaporator drain hose through a seemingly under-utilised fire wall access hole….but!
If I had the seal grommet in place, this probably would not have happened. (New one ordered!)
View attachment 240613
Blimey ! That tubing is just so non-Citroen, let alone being in the wrong place.
Reminds me of a scene from Alien (1979)
Well done Glen
Ramon

Nah ! Holes in the firewall are all part of the old D experience, how else to get the nasal stimulation of brake dust, old grease, hot engine oil and leaking coolant and .. best of all ... OLD LHS2 .. a pungent urine like aroma similar to rotting fish.
The ambient aromas are equally "enthusiastic" when taking in the full INTERIOR experience of rotting underfelt, ancient and modern rust and perished underfloor rubber. Cracked leather can add an extra nuance to the experience.
In my DS23 the fitter had punched drain holes through the passengers footwell floor where the accelerator pedal goes through on a LHD car.
Whoever did this installation took what seemed like a dedicated hole. That drain pipe was never going to kink and occlude.