Beaurepaires To Close

Being such an old business, many of their sites are large plots in increasingly developed areas. The local store is barely half utilised, and although it is sambo'd between the railway and a major road, it is big enough to support a large block of flats with retail below. Think of how little the tyre business would be returning vs the alternate land use opportunities and wonder if that might have something to do with this! Bob Jane likely already has a site nearby some Beaurepaires sites.

Beaurepaire .jpegBeaurepaire 1.jpegBeaurepaire 2.jpegBeaurepaire 3.jpegBeaurepaire 4.jpegBeaurepaire 5.jpegBeaurepaire 6.jpegBeaurepaire 7.jpegBeaurepaire 8.jpeg

Like many businesses, it is foreign owned.

Reactions: COL
I was stiffed by them years ago by a slick salesman, on a tire deal, and never went back. Hmm !
Do we own any businesses now. They are just trading on old well know names but the new generation does not even know the old names !
Jaahn

The original business was indeed started by an ex olympic swimmer . One of the Beaurepaire children working in the business in 1956 was unfortunately killed in the roll over of his then new FE Holden , which had the new tubeless tyres without any safety rim . After that accident , many firms set up to roll the safety rim in existing wheels and new car manufacturers fitted them as standard.

I was stiffed by them years ago by a slick salesman, on a tire deal, and never went back. Hmm !
Do we own any businesses now. They are just trading on old well know names but the new generation does not even know the old names !
Jaahn
That salesman would of done under handed deals no matter what he was selling or the company he was working for. Its the people in these multi-chain organisations that make them, and just because one is bad at what they do, its not true for all of them.

You look at the reality of the situation.
Time poor people driving $70K plus SUVs
Busy tradies can't drop off and leave their tools.
Go to a store, no way.
Beaurepaires pick your tyres, then book a store to have them fitted, drop off, pick up.
No way these days
Mobile tyre shops the answer, minimum overheads, central warehouse cater for the customer.

I'd compare the nearby Jax and Beurepaires and the Jax store is packed on a site a fraction of the size and very efficient. I have bought from both, but there is a difference in that I'm fairly sure the local Jax is owned by the operator vs employees. It makes a difference.

Jaahn
My recent experience with Beaurepaires is quite different.

Manager of my local store - Kew, Victoria - discussed what my needs were for the Laguna, gave me several options and recommended what he thought was best option (which was not the most expensive of the options). Fitted next day.

I'd have gone back there when the Koleos needs tyres. Seems I will not now... (and the person who gave me good service will be out of a job :( )

Ian.

My recent experience with Beaurepaires is quite different.

Manager of my local store - Kew, Victoria - discussed what my needs were for the Laguna, gave me several options and recommended what he thought was best option (which was not the most expensive of the options). Fitted next day.

I'd have gone back there when the Koleos needs tyres. Seems I will not now... (and the person who gave me good service will be out of a job :( )

Ian.
He may not be - my local in Bayswater has gone from Orange to Yellow and is now a “ Dunlop supercentre”, staffed by the same people

Not sure whet this means for the range of available tyres

Andrew