BAT 1965 Simca 1000 Bertone Coupe Project

i like it . a lot , shades of a fiat 850 sport there ,but i think i prefer this one ,i note it redlines at 5800

Be nice to have I reckon. A lot of work needed to get that one cosmetically sorted maybe but might not be too rusty.

Can't believe it is still under 1000 bucks. Almost makes it worthwhile to get it here.

One of the prettiest cars. It is on my all time favourite list even though it breaks one of the rules (no rack and pinion steering) because it is so damn pretty.

I wouldn't worry about cosmetics, just slap it together, get the mechanicals right and drive!

It does look like the Fiat 850 Sport (but then again a lot of cars form that era had this shape), but I think this predates the Fiat. The Fiat does have rack and pinion steering.

Fiat 850 Coupe broke new ground when it came out.
Spectacular looks and handling.
Australia wasn't too kind to them and many destroyed, overheated and most mechanics didn't like them.
I had a few , more than a few , and remember well how the pushrod engine would go to 8,000 rpm.
The 850 Special Sedan was a great little car, engaging personality.

a guy ran one fairly successful at Batherst, in class .Garry Legget if memory serves me ,he was a mate of a guy i worked with ,coincidently i saw one on a flat top yesterday ,looked like a resto project, but fairly straight and together

The Fiat 850 in this video is not the Coupe - it is just based on the plain Jane model.
It is no longer a Grandma's car.

Although it is from across the border it should bring on a smile for most French car fans.
There was a connection with the Fiat and Simca engines. My 944cc Simca had a centrifugal oil filter on the end of the crankshaft and I have a vague recollection that the Fiat did also. The overall engine design was shared (or copied).

This wonderful shot really captures the unique driver challenge of Mount Panorama in the early 1970s as Doug Chivas sweeps past Garry Leggett’s tiny Fiat 850 coupe on the approach to The Cutting during the 1972 Bathurst 500. Note the exposed earth banks and lack of safety fencing. Today the track is completely encased in concrete walls.

Attachments

• Fiat 850 Mark0814Chargerimage13.jpg
    Fiat 850 Mark0814Chargerimage13.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 135
Very pretty car at a good price.. reminded me of the old Isuzu Bellett from the 60s....

heres another one Moretti 500 coupe, on bring a trailer classifieds