2015 Clio 0.9 Service Schedule

Tom_95

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

This may be an incredibly stupid question, but I'm struggling to find the answer... I've recently purchased a 2015 Clio 0.9 that'll be up for a service in a month or so. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time working out what actually needs to be carried out.

The Service Booklet makes mention of intervals etc (and services A and B) but no where does it say what needs to be done.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious here? (It's the 105km/84 month service, if that makes a difference)

The factory recommends 15,000 or 12 months whichever comes first for oil. But I wouldn’t let it go past 10,000 max.

It’s a very high performance and highly strung engine, use a good quality synthetic (mine was happy on shell helix ultra 5w40) and keep it clean for long life.

There have been reports of timing chain problems, and of course turbo chargers don’t like dirty oil.

As for the rest of it, it’s probably better to do on condition and when last things were done. 4 years or so for brake fluid changes, coolant maybe something to change now if it’s not been done. Accessory belt depends on condition as well. No timing belts to worry about here.

If you’ve just bought it, I’d say have it gone over completely. It’s 7 years old, time for a proper go over ;)

That's a good point - I may as well give it a once over.

And yes, I agree that 15,000k feels a bit much for oil in something small and highly strung. As I'll be doing the servicing myself from now on I'm planning on doing the oil every 7,500km - I've had good experiences with Penrite products in the past.

That's a good point - I may as well give it a once over.

And yes, I agree that 15,000k feels a bit much for oil in something small and highly strung. As I'll be doing the servicing myself from now on I'm planning on doing the oil every 7,500km - I've had good experiences with Penrite products in the past.
Good plan, thats how often I did mine. But I found mine to be a bit piston slappy when cold on the Penrite which went away on the Shell. Ymmv.

I bought my daughter a Clio lV 0.9 manual with 213,000km as her first car in December and its taken six months for the service light to come on over the weekend and all I did was reset the service light. First car, female, lead foot like mum & dad my expectation is that this car wont last long but if she gets past six months after finally getting her licence in a couple of months then I'll get it serviced. If she gets past twelve months I may even convert hers to RS 200 spec with the stat writeoff one I have sitting in my front yard.

I bought my daughter a Clio lV 0.9 manual with 213,000km as her first car in December and its taken six months for the service light to come on over the weekend and all I did was reset the service light. First car, female, lead foot like mum & dad my expectation is that this car wont last long but if she gets past six months after finally getting her licence in a couple of months then I'll get it serviced. If she gets past twelve months I may even convert hers to RS 200 spec with the stat writeoff one I have sitting in my front yard.
That's reassuring to hear. The one apprehension I had with the car is the longevity of the engine but that's a very positive sign. Although, as with any car, I'd say regular maintenance is the key.

How lucky is your daughter! :p What a cool Dad you are :)

Hi Tom:)
IMHO Renault engines generally do not wear out. They are great and with even minimal service they go "forever" even flogging them. There are some that can have troubles if the timing belt/pulleys are not changed on time but that is not applicable to yours.
I have the 4cyl version of your engine and use Penrite. Generally Renault says service every year no matter what distance. But most of the service is just checking and looking, basic stuff that you will do anyway better that a dealer. Change the coolant and the brake fluid.
The important thing IMHO is to look for leaks and pending troubles like split boots, worn pads, etc. If the lube stays inside they last quite a while, but if the lube gets out and the dirt and water gets in its a short time to have to fix it.
Good luck Jaahn

How lucky is your daughter! :p What a cool Dad you are :)
I bought my oldest son a Clio ll Sport 182 Cup in FRB which he had until the new neighbour side swiped it with the delivery truck and then he paid me cost price for a repairable write-off Clio lV RS 200 in LY that I was fixing.
Second son got a black Clio Sport 182 Cup.
But my daughter is a slight disappointment by not wanting a Renault Sport as even the Mrs & I have a 182 Cup F1 & RS GT220

Hi all,

This may be an incredibly stupid question, but I'm struggling to find the answer... I've recently purchased a 2015 Clio 0.9 that'll be up for a service in a month or so. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time working out what actually needs to be carried out.

The Service Booklet makes mention of intervals etc (and services A and B) but no where does it say what needs to be done.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious here? (It's the 105km/84 month service, if that makes a difference)

No, it's not a stupid question. I've got a thread back about June last year, when I bought a used 2019 Koleos. There is no schedule in the owners or service manual, other than the engine oil change interval. It refers you to the Renault.com.au website - good luck there too. I did find an oblique reference in the fixed price servicing table, which includes the major items and their intervals. But as for what to do at the regular service, top secret.
Presumably the usual oil & filter, check brake pads, fluid levels, CV joint boots, etc.
I can only guess it is a deliberate move to encourage dealer servicing, and leave Renault an escape clause when customer tries a warranty claim at 4 years old. Not a problem for your 2015 model, but I am keeping very good records of my servicing.
Cheers.