2011 RCZ THP200 midlife makeover

Here's a couple more bits from manuals re the EP6DT
(Elle est pilotée en RCO par le CMM. RCO is pulse modulation, the CMM is the engine computer, in case the translator is baffled)

oil pressure.png

Attachments

• elecrovanne.pdf
    36.9 KB · Views: 12
PSA solenoids (RHS of photo) screen only the central port, whereas the one from a BMW N13 engine has screens on all three ports
You might just be looking at an "earlier design" solenoid and a "later design" solenoid here. But not sure in which order !!
All of the timing gear, and a load of the turbo boost control bits, and more, had multiple revisions and changes on these engines as the years went on. If you look at an early timing chain for example, vs a current one, they're dramatically different as all the parts got improved to fix the myriad of issues. Many of the parts come in many many revisions, and a mixture is found on cars as random things got replaced over the years.

The way I understand it, you will receive the latest revision if you buy the part number from a Peugeot dealer, they have a system to supersede old parts with new parts, sometimes (but not always) you get bounced to a different part number (the Replaced By XXYYZZ). So if you were to go and buy a solenoid from them, it should be the latest design.

It remains to be seen of course how long this good behaviour lasts and whether it will make any difference to the inlet solenoid. Which I am in the laborious process of trying to remove again.
I subjected the inlet solenoid to the same ultrasonic treatment as the exhaust solenoid and it had the same remedial effect - no fault codes in the last three trips. Not even the P2263 turbo pressure code that has been an intermittent but continuous fault prior to this. So my efforts there were probably unnecessary. The plots below show the April 26 results when I had the fault codes and the later May 9 plot when there were none.
Now I have to replace the cam sprocket bolts that I have retorqued three times to date.

Attachments

• Apr26 IN-1.png
    Apr26 IN-1.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 2
  • May9 IN-1.png
    May9 IN-1.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 2