1962 Gordini wiper motor

Have had it apart and in and out three times now and it runs free for 20 seconds then slowly binds up and stops, something in the mechanical side is the problem. Electrically it’s doing what it should, time to move on ! If you could locate another I would be most appreciative as I need to get it registered. Thanks for your help !
If it works for 20 seconds it means electricals are fine. Mechanicals are the easy part to diagnose. I would suggest you need to disconnect the wipers and perhaps even the big gear and run it on the bench like that. If all fine, you need to check the gear mesh with the large gear and see what could be amiss. If the gear is worn or not original, the pitch might be wrong, and that would explain why it works a bit and then binds up.

If it works for 20 seconds it means electricals are fine. Mechanicals are the easy part to diagnose. I would suggest you need to disconnect the wipers and perhaps even the big gear and run it on the bench like that. If all fine, you need to check the gear mesh with the large gear and see what could be amiss. If the gear is worn or not original, the pitch might be wrong, and that would explain why it works a bit and then binds up.
On one of mine intermittent function was because of gears slipping out of mesh. Alignment and float worth checking too

Andrew

Thanks guys I will give all suggestions a go a good clean and running it without the final gear sounds like a good way to go. I have just read the post from Geodon who resurrected the car and he had some issues due to lack of use so I will revisit. If all else fails Duncan seems to have some in the UK so rego won’t be too far away, hopefully !

I have one very like this in the collection. I cleaned it out and re lubed a while ago and think it is OK

Hadn’t replied before cos I didn’t know what a Dauphine one looks like; picture prompted me

If you are in Melbourne this may be a solution for you. I am in Olinda

Andrew
Thanks Andrew I’m in NSW but if all else fails I’ll be back in touch, all options are worth following as I need to get it registered ! Ti