Sad to hear of the passing of Rod Slater.

Kenfuego

VIP Paid Subscriber
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Sorry to hear tonight that Rod Slater of Western Australia, has passed away. Rod had a long association with French Cars and this Forum. Particularly as a leading Renault Dealer and industry representative re all things automotive,..

Vale Rod Slater.

Sorry to hear tonight that Rod Slater of Western Australia, has passed away. Rod had a long association with French Cars and this Forum. Particularly as a leading Renault Dealer and industry representative re all things automotive,..

Vale Rod Slater.
Yes very sad Ken, RIP Rod.

rude of me but, for the record, could anyone confirm or refute Mr Slater's having built :
8.jpg - the 203 brought over from Perth by pete munro?

I have known of Rod since his early Eurocars days, but only met up with him in recent years, through the French car clubs, forums and car shows. An eternal optimist and go-getter, he always had new ideas and things to do.
It was a pleasure to have known him.

I think I only ever spoke to Rod once when he was selling some tools and I bought a couple. We traded quips here on AF and also on Facebonk, but he always came across as a fair and reasonable man with a broad range of views.

Personally his generosity via Eurocars and daughter Michelle was proven to us four times from 2008 to 2014 when Deb and I benefited from the 5% Aussiefrogs discount when arranging TT leases for trips to Europe. Something I think that a number of Aussiefrogs members also benefited from.

Thanks Rod for a life well lived.