308 2010 wagon engine isolated incidences of engine cut-out while driving, no error codes or engine light

ajr_2010

Tadpole
Hi All,
The engine in our 308 wagon (2010 2L Hdi ) has cut out a couple of times spontaneously . The common factors are :
low speed , under 50 kmh.
Air con on
No error codes, warning signals or check engine light either before or after it happens .

Both times the aircon has cut out fractionally before the engine cut out. . 4-way hazard indicators work after the event . The car restarts fine and goes on as if nothing happened, no error codes. I have it booked into the local auto electrician who despite having "the best electronic diagnosis equipment outside the factory stuff" was honest enough to say this sort of fault can be very difficult to trace. Our nearest Peugeot dealer is 2 hours away . I am looking for clues to what this might be so I can pass this on to the auto-electrician . Has anybody heard of or experienced this?

Or best one yet the main 12 lead from the battery to starter shorting to engine block, had me scratching my noggin for days.

It did the power off several times before the complete non start, by then the starter motor was burnt out😢

At the risk of creating a "zombie post" . It might be of use to someone . I got this fixed after finding a mechanic who knew exactly what it was . The EGR valve or exhaust gas recycling valve. It can stick while cold especially if it is old or dirty, once the car warms up the problem is alleviated, however I imagine it will get to the point where it sticks and won't function again. It was a search to find someone who knew what the problem was. I'm not sure why it was difficult to diagnose, perhaps because any error codes thrown on professional diagnostic equipment could have several root causes ? Part was just under $400.00 and took a while to find .

RHR (DW10B) or RHH (DW10C) engine? The EGRs are very different.

I'm guessing RHR, which also used to have issues with stuck mixer valve butterflies that randomly jammed and choked the engine, stalling it. Ensure the vacuum system is 100% and both air 'doser' / mixer valve butterflies move smoothly on RHR engines.