Wanted 205 GTI anti roll bar bushes 17mm

Griffo85

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, just chasing a set of anti roll bar bushes for 17mm roll bar. Ones I purchased are the wrong size.
Cheers

Powerflex Australia.

20240329_131306.jpg

They are 21mm or 23mm as the hole is oval. Was thinking this, but prefer to wait and get the right ones.

get proper fitting ones rather than bushing a bush
does EAI not have the sasic ones ?
have heard reports that powerflex are awful but haven't tested that

Will cantact eai on tue. Unsure what the powerflex ones are like.
I've never used Powerflex myself, but a quick Google of reviews shows that the positive reviews far and away out number the negative ones.
Make of that what you will.🤷‍♂️

Powerflex don't put the grove inside to fit around the bulge and stop the bar's horizontal movement. I ground a groove in mine.

Powerflex don't put the grove inside to fit around the bulge and stop the bar's horizontal movement. I ground a groove in mine.
OK I was wondering about that. I use their 23 mm ones in my 205 Sis, transfoms the car really.

I did get a pair of Powerflex bushes that were crap because the material was very soft. This was maybe 15 years ago though. I went back and got another set and those were good. The soft ones were a light blue colour as opposed to the dark blue of the other ones. Maybe they had some bad material, I don't know.

Received my Powerflex ones and installed yesterday as the 34yr old ones disintegrated. Looked like a reasonable product not dissimilar to the original material. Will see how they go, expect well, just not so happy on the price unless they have some super-duper technology that I'm not aware of.

Attachments

• Powerflex.jpg
    Powerflex.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 20
I ended up buying Sasic bushes from EAI. A set cost around $23. Will install this weekend and see how they go.

BIGRR you may have had a bad batch. My powerflex looked identical but they did have different serial numbers on them and the correct recess for the bulge. Fitted with the grease quite easily and taking it for a drive through the hills they certainly helped the front end.... not hard considering how bad the original were!

Just installed new bushes and stabiliser arms... Should have done a long time ago. Ride and steering much better!

BIGRR you may have had a bad batch. My powerflex looked identical but they did have different serial numbers on them and the correct recess for the bulge. Fitted with the grease quite easily and taking it for a drive through the hills they certainly helped the front end.... not hard considering how bad the original were!
Just found another pair of black powerflex 17dia bushes in my pug stash, no internal recess for the bulge. I must be just lucky. :)

Did your arb make any sound
I ended up buying Sasic bushes from EAI. A set cost around $23. Will install this weekend and see how they go.
Hey gruff just wondering what the part number was? trying to order some now from them from the EAI website.