Original profile tyres for 504? Availability?

Does anyone do air adjustable shocks to suit the 504?
If not it may be possible to adapt a set out of something else.
The 504 is pin at the top and eye at the bottom?
Mine is pin @ both ends for the rear shock absorbers i didn't check the front ones yet.

What's the benefit of using those?
The advantage is that you can adjust the amount of air that is in the shock in the same way as you adjust tyre air pressure. The air lines are routed to say inside the boot where the two lines are connected together and you will find a Schrader valve.

Or
The advantage is that you can adjust the amount of air that is in the shock in the same way as you adjust tyre air pressure. The air lines are routed to say inside the boot where the two lines are connected together and you will find a Schrader valve.
Oh ok, I might consider buying that. Does it also help to get more ground clearance?

Or

Oh ok, I might consider buying that. Does it also help to get more ground clearance?
Yes they do.
The amount depends on a few factors, vehicle weight etc, but somewhere between 1 to 3 inches of lift at the wheel, at maximum pressure.

Reactions: COL
Or

Yes, that's what they are for. If you have pins at either end you have a 504 L with live axle. No need to worry about drive shaft angles as you don't have any.

Yes they do.
The amount depends on a few factors, vehicle weight etc, but somewhere between 1 to 3 inches of lift at the wheel, at maximum pressure.
Good to hear that. Do you have to change all 4 of them @ once or can you keep the front ones let's say and change the rear ones?

Yes, that's what they are for. If you have pins at either end you have a 504 L with live axle. No need to worry about drive shaft angles as you don't have any.
Oh ok. Yes mine is 504 GR I guess it's not that different from 504 L.

Better send photos of your rear suspension I think, doesn't sound right.
20240404_120411_(1).jpg

Whether anyone makes specific air shock absorbers for this?
1960s to 1970s Ford Falcons and Mustangs have pin/pin rear shocks, and air adjustable ones are readily available.
You would just need to research the compressed and extended lengths against yours to ensure there's not too much discrepancy.

1960s to 1970s Ford Falcons and Mustangs have pin/pin rear shocks, and air adjustable ones are readily available.
You would just need to research the compressed and extended lengths against yours to ensure there's not too much discrepancy.
Falcon shocks are too short, these are the same as 404 ones, especially if you want to raise the car! I think Range Rover ones may work.

Ok thanks for the suggestions I will do some research.