Megane EDC oil?

JoBo

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Jaahn's post reminded me that i am not sure what the right oil is for the 1.2 EDC box. Seems that 60,000km is change time.
Castrol BOT 450? EXOL Code A043? Vaico? ELF Speedmatic?
The Renault part number looks like 77 11 428 122
Wonder if the non Renault above are equivalent, logically Renault would buy it from one of these?

Hi JoBo:)
Seeing as Renault buy-in this transmission from Getrag and it is fitted to lots of other car makes I do not think it should be hard. Also the transmission is similar to a manual with no wet clutches or silly oil immersed ECU so any quality oil would probably be OK.
Well here is one easy to find ;)
Jaahn

Renault: 77 11 428 122

The following Nulon products are suitable for the specification 77 11 428 122

Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle DSG/DCT Transmission Fluid (NDSG)

Hmm after doing a bit of searching I note that there is some confusion on some sites as to the transmission fitted to these smaller Renaults and Fords. Getrag 6DCT250, Ford Renault, 6 speed dual dry clutch transmission.
Some sites say they have wet clutches which have a different spec oil. This is incorrect and refers to a bigger similar transmission fitted to bigger cars IMHO.
I did have a bookmark to an oil change procedure but it seems to be currently unavailable.:mad:
Actually I was going to put some gearbox additive in to eliminate a slight whine around town in 3rd gear. I think I might just put that in and forget the oil change for while more as it is not due yet.
Jaahn
https://www.automaticchoice.es/Catalogo AC/Catalogue/6dct250.pdf

Possibly that Nulon spec should be double checked in writing. As their site says 'wet clutches'.
Jaahn
gees that short edit time gets to be a pain !!