Couriers
  • Help

Thread: Couriers

Default Couriers

Just wondering who is a good courier to use for car parts and that are reasonably priced etc?

Advertisement
    Lyle

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

aussie post probably have the best rates, however, if it's more that 20kg and/or won't fit in a reasonable size carton they tend to crack it ! Across town they are fast and super cheap cos for some strange reason there is no weight penalty, a box of bricks costs the same as a box of feathers

cheers,
    Bob

Problem is interstate and its a rear end which I'm guessing is going to be over 20kg. not many couriers like taking car parts generally as it dirties their vehicles. but i mean wreckers must use couriers to get their stuff around Aus.
    Lyle

Fellow Frogger

You could try e-go.com.au for items too large for AusPost, but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy taking a greasy item as is. TNT are another option.

Wrap it in gladwrap. They can see it's dirty and it's indestructible, but they are not going to get dirty. User plenty of layers to prevent it tearing.

I can't help you with courier suggestions a I have struggled with this myself. The intertate courier game got dearer recently after VicFast / AusFast went belly-up.

I have moved car parts interstate by contacting transport companies at either end and working towards the middle until they meet up. For example, an engine from Bundaberg to Bendigo. I found a company in Bendigo that went to Brisbane and asked them who shared their Brisbane depot and went to Bundaberg. Capital city to capital city would be easier.

It works intrastate too. For example, a roll of fabric from Warrnambool to Bendigo. The national courier companies wanted a fortune. I found a Bendigo small freight company that went to Ballarat and asked them who went from Warrnambool to their Ballarat depot. Less than half the price of the big companies and my money stays local.

Roger

thanks Fellas,

E-go going to do it for $55 but have to bubble wrap the sh!t out of it. everyone is all over the place have had prices up to $250 and just doesnt make it worth buying rear end.

Cheers for your help
    Lyle

1000+ Posts

There is no such animal as a good courier, i ordered a new set of extractors for my Alpine from France they arrived from France in 4.5 days, then i had the bright idea to get them ceramic coated, i drove down to Leongathta deliver them myself, which is a leisurely 2.5 hours drive, when they were ready to be picked up i foolishly allowed my self to be talked into using a courier, the end result was a 6.5 day return trip. When i enquired as to why it took so long to do the return trip the driver thought it was a huge joke
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Fellow Frogger!

I have used the site www.freightcalculator.com.au which provides a range of companies and prices. I have not had any issues at all and whilst there is a range of prices the lower end quotes are pretty good in my opinion.
    As you mention you do need to wrap dirty parts but you'd need to do that no matter who you use especially Aussie Post.

Good luck

Jez

Thread Information