Late PSA keys
  • Help

Thread: Late PSA keys

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default Late PSA keys

Hi Guys,

for those stuck needing a new key and found there $500+ to buy through poogoe and Citroen.

I have just purchased this through the post, pre-cut to VIN from this ebay seller ..... $45aud delivered to my doorstep

Advertisement

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280856069...#ht_993wt_1164

they usually have the remote keys for 59quid too.... there waiting on new stock at the moment (I may order one in when they are stocked again).

Be aware though: You will need a lexia system to add this the key to the car. I've tried this in the doorlock and it works. I'm not brave enough to plug it into the car just incase it shuts the car down.

Quite a few on here have the cheap dodgy lexia setup now. If I can sucessfully add this one to the 407 tongiht........ Then I can add a key for anyone in the Ballarat area if they like. I'm sure others around with country with a lexia will help out too. (there must be at least a dozen people on aussiefrogs with a lexia clone now)

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late PSA keys-407key.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Very interested to see how you go with this...
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Thanks for the info Shane.
    Never know when I will need it.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by CamM View Post
    Very interested to see how you go with this...
    Let me guess.... . Your doing the "passenger door" walk with the C4 so would kill for a second remote key You know, it's quite amusing now it's not me doing that

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Let me guess.... . Your doing the "passenger door" walk with the C4 so would kill for a second remote key You know, it's quite amusing now it's not me doing that

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Actually, no I'm not. Fact is that in the UK, the VTS shipped with 2 plip keys as standard. Here in Oz, you only got a second plip key if you bought the leather and electric seating option. I'm just thinking to get a second (i.e. spare) one if this works as it will be far cheaper than sourcing through a local dealer.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Does the Lexia thing work for Renault's as well? When I bought the Clio, it only came with one key, and I've been putting off a second due to cost. I saw a few weeks ago these guys have Clio keys for less than $70 cut, which is less than $100 posted. Then just need to get it programmed. Ballarat's not too far for that.

Still seems like fortune considering the last car key I had cut was for my 2000 Suzuki Baleno was $4.95.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    Does the Lexia thing work for Renault's as well? When I bought the Clio, it only came with one key, and I've been putting off a second due to cost. I saw a few weeks ago these guys have Clio keys for less than $70 cut, which is less than $100 posted. Then just need to get it programmed. Ballarat's not too far for that.

Still seems like fortune considering the last car key I had cut was for my 2000 Suzuki Baleno was $4.95.
    Sorry I don't think so. However Haakon is investigating getting the Renault version (hopefully he'll spot this thread). It could be worth asking him if he can do this sort of stuff. He seems to be down our way quite often as his parents live down here.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

pre-cut to vin? must be an inside job as that data is confidential. that and peugeot themselves take a while to supply vin coded anything from france

had the odd customer come in with ebay keys, one was just a key case and they tried to argue as to why it should work ? another just refused to program.
    The wrong oil is better than no oil at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Capago View Post
    pre-cut to vin? must be an inside job as that data is confidential. that and peugeot themselves take a while to supply vin coded anything from france

had the odd customer come in with ebay keys, one was just a key case and they tried to argue as to why it should work ? another just refused to program.
    Not to stress, the "empty" keys without electronics are only pocket change (the idea is you swap the electronics from your existing key into one), the remote keys with transponder are 59quid.

It costs $115 to just get the key added to the car. It's 5minutes work. These days you can buy your own full diagnostic system for not a lot more if you can't find someone to add the key for you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexia-3-V...ht_3329wt_1275

This is how simple is. I've never used anything like this before, have no idea what any of the cables are for. However they have written it to be easily understood by any mechanic ( that may well have never used a computer beofore).

remember I've never used or seen any of this before .... and read the manuals just like I always do (ppphhttt, who needs manuals). choose poogeo

choose 407

Ummmmm......... It could take a liftetime to find the cars plug. This one was obvious and I had found it just looking around the car before.

Either way, click the button and it'll show you where the plug is located in the car.

Wait for the computer to find new hardware and install the USB device and click next. The cables to use are obvious once you see the plug.

I don't want to diagnose anything, so select PPS ( what the hell does PPS stand for ?)

I don't want to diagnose or measure anything so I selected Poogoe Planet 2000

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late PSA keys-p1050477.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050478.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050479.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050480.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050482.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050483.jpeg  

Late PSA keys-p1050484.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050487.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050488.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050490.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050481.jpg   Late PSA keys-p1050485.jpeg  

'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

The "adding key" software wasn't under an obvious menu, so I spent 5minutes and had a quick peak into each menu, here's adding the keys. It's under "replacement parts" --> "Built in systems interface" ----Yeah not at all obvious.

I have got the key code in the cars handbooks. you peal back the security label, either way it's no big drama, it only costs a few bucks online to get this code emailed to you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late PSA keys-p1050491.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050493.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050494.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050495.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050496.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050498.jpeg  

Late PSA keys-p1050499.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050502.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050504.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050505.jpeg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

with the new $45 key, I have two keys now (yes we only had one key to the car.... if anything happened to it we'd have to trailer/flat tray it home ).

I missed it, the display flashed up a symbol of a key with a big line through it ( saying it won't start the car)

How simple is that ???? it took me 20minutes..... I've never seen any of this before, I could do another in 5minutes know I know where to go in the menu system.

seeya,
    shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late PSA keys-p1050507.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050508.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050509.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050510.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050511.jpeg   Late PSA keys-p1050513.jpeg  

Late PSA keys-p1050514.jpeg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Oh yeah, and if your remotes don't work .....

'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by Capago
    pre-cut to vin? must be an inside job as that data is confidential.
    Nah; you can get it for $6 in a few hours; key cutting code and immob code. The only slightly confidential bit is translation of that cutting code to a key blank - you need a lockie to know how.

So then you go to your "target" car where you previously read the VIN off the rego label, open it with the uncoded key, switch on the ignition (it won't start but you can talk to the BSI), code in your key with the laptop and you drive away. Any PSA car from about 1998 onwards; c'est facile.

By contrast, my keypad secured Pug is impossible to steal unless you either know the code, or come prepared with an unlocked ECU!

a tilt tray would solve that problem Addo

Thread Information