Need for Speed Underground
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Need for Speed Underground

Has anyone played this game yet, it is bloody good fun, I rented it for the PS2 and am seriously tempted to buy it ( I need new tyres on the 205 though) although it does encourage you to rice every car to gain street cred with vinyl graphics and carazy bodykits, but hey if want NOS and a turbo on a 206 you can do it and add 18inch rims and umm a roof scoop :> , the racing is good too, all at night (street races) and there is other non racing traffic you have to dodge, there is also drift and drag racing, there is no car damage though which is probably a good thing because the amount of stacks and jumps would seriously destroy the car in no time, for all the near misses and power slides and other crazy driving antics you earn style points that unlocks more mods and cars, the only that will top this would be Gran Turismo 4 which due for release next year. Good fun and highly reccomended.

Advertisement
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Yeah, I've been playing it on PC......

Nice game, although it sucks how you have to rice the crap out of cars to gain any street cred

I think the NFS series peaked with Porsche Unlimited.......underground is good in a fast'n'furious kinda way

rek

Quote Originally Posted by DTwo
    I think the NFS series peaked with Porsche Unlimited...
    Indeed, that's a great game, made even better with multiplayer
    underground is bad in a fast'n'furious kinda way
    Fixed that line up there for you :>
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

The game that does it for me, and what I compare every other racing game to is Colin Mcrae rally 3 on the X Box. Cant wait for V 4 with the Xsara
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by rek
    Indeed, that's a great game, made even better with multiplayer

Fixed that line up there for you :>
    lol, Thanks.....That's probably what I ment anyway....

No I haven't played it yet, but I've seen a review of it on Motors TV (can you get this channel where you are? They have V8 Supercars on sometimes) and looks pretty amazing. I like the look of Project Gotham Racing 2 on XBox but I don't have one :0(

Looking forward to GT4's release in the Summer though! (or, in your case, winter )

I've been playing it on the PC as well. It's fun, though I don't like it as much as Hot Pursuit 1 or 2 or Porsche Unleashed.

It does suck that you have to rice up the cars to get any street cred. Keeping the 206 with the stock body and sticking in the turbo, nitrous, big brakes etc, and getting the street cred anyway would be ideal. But I suppose that sort of defeats the purpose of the game.

Troy.

I agree that underground is good. Driftig in FWD even with handbrake is hard, Ricer 206 is going strong though

I prefered the historic element of porche challange though. 1972 Carrera RS here I come.

Putting it to the man was fun in hot pursuit 2 though. I most enjoyed the Ford f550 in that game, nice engine sound.

Can u import other pugs into these games? Didn't some one say something about that in another post?

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Haakon, Mcrae-4 is already out for Xbox. I got an Xbox for my birthday last week and have been playing it non-stop. The graphics are awesome, realism with weather etc is great and it also has all the Group-B cars (including my favourite )

Cheers
    Steve
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2PUG
    Haakon, Mcrae-4 is already out for Xbox. I got an Xbox for my birthday last week and have been playing it non-stop. The graphics are awesome, realism with weather etc is great and it also has all the Group-B cars (including my favourite )

Cheers
    Steve
    It sounds like a great game. It's a shame we have to wait to March 2004 for the PC version.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    It sounds like a great game. It's a shame we have to wait to March 2004 for the PC version.

Troy.
    betcha ours will be better though

If you really want it....what are the cheapest Xboxes now?,
    $240 with a single controller (ps2's similar at the mo).....about a tenth the cost of a PC you'd need to run "any" game with all it features fairly maxed out

If you were just to buy a console mainly for car games, it would be very hard to go past the ps2.......GT4 and the logitech 2.5 turn wheelset should be pretty good......

Don't get me started on how much consoles suck

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

betcha ours will be better though

If you really want it....what are the cheapest Xboxes now?,
    $240 with a single controller (ps2's similar at the mo).....about a tenth the cost of a PC you'd need to run "any" game with all it features fairly maxed out

If you were just to buy a console mainly for car games, it would be very hard to go past the ps2.......GT4 and the logitech 2.5 turn wheelset should be pretty good......
    I've never been that keen on consoles. For one how does one play games like Battlefield 1942 and Counterstrike without a keyboard and mouse? I also like the fact that I can do more than just play games on a PC. In any case my oldest brother has a PS2 so I can always check the games at his place.

For now I will have to wait CM4 arrives on the PC.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I've never been that keen on consoles. For one how does one play games like Battlefield 1942 and Counterstrike without a keyboard and mouse? I also like the fact that I can do more than just play games on a PC. In any case my oldest brother has a PS2 so I can always check the games at his place.

For now I will have to wait CM4 arrives on the PC.

Troy.
    I'm not a huge fan of consoles (don't own any of the current gen).......they do have their place though....

Counterstrike is available on Xbox, an aftermarket adaptor to hook up any usb based keyboard and mouse is about $10......it's not ment to be as good as on PC, but I bet it plays better than it probably would on a $240 PC

Thread Information