intro!
  • Help

Thread: intro!

Default intro!

hi guys, dont know where introductions go so i guess this will do.

Advertisement

My Name is David. Love french cars even if my local ultratune doesnt! :p
    my first car was a Citroen BX 16 TRS auto. purchased from continental cars. she was a pearler! citroen have to be THE most comfotable car around i reckon. i could drive all day in that car and get out fresh as a daisy... just dont break down in dubbo. had some bad fuel and all but one mechanic shrugged and said "what sort of car is that?". cost me an arm and a leg...
    alas all good things come to an end, and 10 years ago i sold it for next to nothing as maintenance was getting high.
    I purchased an old xf falcon as an interim car and it went ok but had a plant growing in the passenger side foot well, LOL.
    next was a brand new 2001 (purch 02) astra city 3 door. I still have this car and it runs like a dream even tho it has 330,000 on it! I cant believe how reliable this car is.! I have had next to no problems with it since day one dispite the fact all reviews say its a lemon! I have now passed this car on to my wife (cause i totalled her swift). she only drives 1-2000 per year so it will last her ages.

I have been wanting to get back into a french car for ages, the astra is just too vanilla for my liking so last week i bouts an '02 renault clio expression. as you have read probably in the renault section I am having some small problems aleady but one is fixed, they sold it to me without a fuse for the stereo in it. i had a spare so i put it in. works fine. the "auto light has come on a few times since i got it and a computer check says soledoids are shorting... but it could be the 2 year old battery. more to come on that.

all in all its great to be back in a french car! I love em, and thei clio is no exception its a great little car!

Welcome aboard!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Hi David - welcome to Aussie Frogs!
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

I'm interested in cars too, but had always thought of French cars as strange. I love old Citroens, but had never considered buying one. Earlier this year I toyed with the idea of down-trading from my 2006 Ford Focus Ghia having returned to full-time study. I accidently bought a 2003 Clio Expression Verve (through online auction, not seriously expecting to buy it that cheaply).

It has truly turned me, and I really can't see myself owning a non-French car now (unless I have more than one car). For it's size and price, the Clio is just amazing, and for a 1.4, I cannot believe the power. Owning the Clio has only reinforced my belief that French cars are strange. But strange in an absolutely brilliant way.

It's no where near the step down I was expecting. Sure it's not as smooth or as quiet on my 40km highway commute to work, but it sure puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Aside from the imobiliser not switching off once, it's been perfectly reliable.

yup french make tops cars!

thanks for the welcome

Thread Information