DEALER STAFF
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: DEALER STAFF

Default DEALER STAFF

FOLKS, I HAVE BEEN READING ALL YOUR NOTES WITH SOME INTEREST.

Advertisement

I MUST CONFESS UP FRONT THAT I AM ONE OF THE MUCH MALIGNED "BASTARDS" REFERRED TO BEFORE. I AM THE DEALER PRINCIPAL OF A SYDNEY METRO DEALERSHIP. I AM CONCERNED THAT THE PERCEPTION AMONG PEUGEOTPHILES IS THAT DEALER STAFF ARE NOT UP TO STANDARD. WHILST I MAY BE SETTING MYSELF UP FOR A FALL BY POSTING THIS (BE KIND), WE LIKE TO EMPLOY PEOPLE THAT ARE ENTHUSIASTS AS WELL AS SALES PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT ALWAYS AN EASY MIX TO FIND BUT WE TRY AND THINK THAT WE HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE. IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE US A TRY, PLEASE FEEL FREE.

DWYER OGLE
    DEALER PRINCIPAL
    AUTOSPORTS PRESTIGE

02 9335 9335

P.S PLEASE DON'T SEE THIS AS A SALES PITCH IT IS MORE A DEFENSIVE REACTION TO WHAT I SEE AS A RATHER DOGMATIC GENERALISATION!!!

Hi dwyer,

I think you may have misread what us "PEUGEOTPHILES" were trying to say. We do agree there are some crappy dealers around. However there must be some good pug dealers around because us "PEUGEOTPHILES" all drive peugeots. I'm sure if you are willing to give aussiefrogers any help you will be showered with praise on this forum.

Yours Nick Watson

P.S I think this will be deleted! How about some discounts!

Quote Originally Posted by dealer

I MUST CONFESS UP FRONT THAT I AM ONE OF THE MUCH MALIGNED "BASTARDS" REFERRED TO BEFORE. I AM THE DEALER PRINCIPAL OF A SYDNEY METRO DEALERSHIP. I AM CONCERNED THAT THE PERCEPTION AMONG PEUGEOTPHILES IS THAT DEALER STAFF ARE NOT UP TO STANDARD. WHILST I MAY BE SETTING MYSELF UP FOR A FALL BY POSTING THIS (BE KIND), WE LIKE TO EMPLOY PEOPLE THAT ARE ENTHUSIASTS AS WELL AS SALES PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT ALWAYS AN EASY MIX TO FIND BUT WE TRY AND THINK THAT WE HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE. IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE US A TRY, PLEASE FEEL FREE.

DWYER OGLE
    DEALER PRINCIPAL
    AUTOSPORTS PRESTIGE

02 9335 9335

P.S PLEASE DON'T SEE THIS AS A SALES PITCH IT IS MORE A DEFENSIVE REACTION TO WHAT I SEE AS A RATHER DOGMATIC GENERALISATION!!!

DWYER OGLE
    DEALER PRINCIPAL
    AUTOSPORTS PRESTIGE

02 9335 9335

Great , i am an enthusiast whith some good sale experience, and i am looking for a job anywhere in Australia

I dont suppose you have anything going?

thanks

Allan
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Reference to this being deleted!!

As one of the moderators, I can see no problems with this just so long as this doesn't turn into a full on promotion for any particular company.

I will be happy to let it run so members who want to air concerns can do so, but be aware that we will be forced to start carving things around if blatant defamation of particular dealers or persons occurs.
    If anyone wants to discuss a certain dealer I suggest it be done along the lines of for example, "A Dealer on Brisbane's northside" as being as close to positively identifying as can reasonably be expected. In the case of only one in a Town, then avoid anything too pointed. If it is felt necessary to do a positive ID for one person to explain something to another, I suggest that the PM feature of the board be utilised which makes it a personal contact rather than a board posting.

A small tip on etiquette too guys; please refrain from typing whole posts in CAPITALS as in 'netspeak, that is considered the equivalent to shouting. Not only that, but half blind old farts like me have problems wrapping our bi-focals around them.

Go for it, keep it pleasant and don't defame anybody & we can turn this into a positive for all concerned.

Alan S Moderator of General Chit chat
    Last edited by Alan S; 11th December 2003 at 02:25 PM.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It'll be good to hear from a dealer, but mate do us all a favor. Turn the CAPS LOCK OFF. IT'S VERY HARD TO READ ALL CAPITALS

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

i think the man should be congratulated for BOTHERING.....its a start...even if he doesn t post again its good 2 see some interest.....maybe he can look at this forum as a PULSE of what is out there....

i ve worked with many dealers and to be honest many are to dishonest (although some customers deserve it), many are to uneducated etc etc...but like any cross section ie...police officers....lawyers,...realestate agents....hell even architectural designers.....many of these guys are everyday guys and gals just like u and me.....so if they r not doing the right thing by u ..well u simply dont buy from them.....u r the consumer...they r trying to make some money...but u r the one making the decision finally....

myself.....well...to tell u the truth i dont really care what the guy/gal trys to spin (truth or fiction)...but at the end of the day i like to be WELL looked after, a bit of respect goes a long way and make sure service level stays the same pre/post sale....pretty simple me thinks....

cheers
    dino

ps....u ever had any problems with female staff or customers....considering the name....just kidding....

ps....
    welcome to the forum......hope u visit regularly....

as u can see even a simple curtesy like this can sometimes be forgotten......

cheers
    dino

1000+ Posts

Hi Dwyer,

Welcome to Aussiefrogs! I have had a look at cars at your yard before I know one of our members has bought a car from you too.

Thanks for posting and keep it up It'll be good to have some dealer participation on the forum. I know of some other dealers who regularly view the forum but don't post (2 of them sell Citroen and one sells Renault).

I might try and organise to have your "Tadpole" status moniker to "Dealer"

Once again, welcome
    Would you like some Aussiefrogs stickers? Send me a PM and I'll organise some for you.

Derek.

I hope the dealer keeps posting he can keep us up to date with the internal goings on that justin isn't aware on. New models and things. Deka I hope you can try to get those other dealers to post we could have a dealers news section?

Cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    I hope the dealer keeps posting he can keep us up to date with the internal goings on that justin isn't aware on.
    Hahah, what am I, the local industry spokesman or something

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

he can keep us up to date with the internal goings on that justin isn't aware on.

holly crap......that ll be interesting......
    well....at least if the dealers dont know something.....they can ask JUSTIN...

heheeheh.......

maybe they can clarify the supermini issue....heheheheh

the guy showing me the megane this morning said that it was a direct competitor to the golf corolla....i dont think he wanted to mention pulsar because of its 19 999 tag.....but then the pulsar doesnt exactly get 6 air bags...and five stars....

cheers

dino

Hi Justin,

Knew you where waiting for my comment! Just saying you know alot more on the industry than most of us combined weather it be a french or swedish car.

Cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Hahah, what am I, the local industry spokesman or something

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    Hi Justin,

Knew you where waiting for my comment! Just saying you know alot more on the industry than most of us combined weather it be a french or swedish car.

Cheers Nick
    Just for you Nick Peugeot Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    maybe they can clarify the supermini issue....heheheheh
    About time you turn up to a Melbourne Aussiefrogs event dino - how bout dinner this Sunday, eh?

the guy showing me the megane this morning said that it was a direct competitor to the golf corolla....i dont think he wanted to mention pulsar because of its 19 999 tag.....but then the pulsar doesnt exactly get 6 air bags...and five stars....
    I don't think the Pulsar is really a competitor to the Megane anyway - the Megane has a premium about it. It seems to be a car that (like the Lancer, certainly the non sedan versions - it's an issue of positioning) falls between the Astra/Focus/Corolla class and the various superminis, chiefly because of its pricing.

Having driven the Pulsar last week, you can tell that there has been a bit of cost cutting to get the car down to its 19,990 price. It doesn't feel as substantial as the 307, Megane, Golf, etc.

I'd rank the Megane's competitors like this 307, Golf, Civic, Astra, Focus, Corolla. I guess you could throw the Xsara in there, but it doesn't really sell in any real numbers to scare anyone. I think you'll see Xsara sales just potter around until the C4 arrives. Normally, for a French marque a car in the Xsara's segment should outsell its larger brother. At the moment, C5 sales are 50% higher than the Xsaras.

The Xsara is suffering from age and I'd almost lump its funny face with the Megane's funny arse, sorry, derriere

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Default Apologetic Caps lock dealer

Dear Peugeotphiles,

I have to say I am astounded by the level and tone of your responses.

Thanks to all who took the time.

Alan, thank you for affording us a continuing opportunity to post rest assured we will not be using this forum to gain an advantage (trust me I'm a car dealer!!!)

Derek, I would love the stickers.

Dino, the name has caused some tittering, but I expect you get flintstones comments equally as often (just kidding)

Nick, if you want a huge discount, I suggest you contact a well known german brand that is struggling to sell it's cars.

Allan, quite seriously, give me a call.

Shane L. CAPS LOCK NOTED

I don't think the Pulsar is really a competitor to the Megane anyway - the Megane has a premium about it. It seems to be a car that (like the Lancer, certainly the non sedan versions - it's an issue of positioning) falls between the Astra/Focus/Corolla class and the various superminis, chiefly because of its pricing.
    Having driven the Pulsar last week, you can tell that there has been a bit of cost cutting to get the car down to its 19,990 price. It doesn't feel as substantial as the 307, Megane, Golf, etc.
    I'd rank the Megane's competitors like this 307, Golf, Civic, Astra, Focus, Corolla. I guess you could throw the Xsara in there, but it doesn't really sell in any real numbers to scare anyone. I think you'll see Xsara sales just potter around until the C4 arrives. Normally, for a French marque a car in the Xsara's segment should outsell its larger brother. At the moment, C5 sales are 50% higher than the Xsaras.
    The Xsara is suffering from age and I'd almost lump its funny face with the Megane's funny arse, sorry, derriere

2 EASY......hehehheheh

regarding the cruise....could not turn up because of work and a friend in need...
    priorities took over.....i will try to make the dinner though....no promises...just so busy....

cheers
    dino

Dear Mr Dealer,

I have worked in the peugeot industry for a number of years now. I was joking about the discounts and I am not looking for any free handouts. Its actually very good to see a dealer talk to the people who support the brand. I think its a step in the right direction. I look foward to talking to you more about it.

Cheers Nick Watson

Dear Peugeotphiles,

I have to say I am astounded by the level and tone of your responses.

Thanks to all who took the time.

Alan, thank you for affording us a continuing opportunity to post rest assured we will not be using this forum to gain an advantage (trust me I'm a car dealer!!!)

Derek, I would love the stickers.

Dino, the name has caused some tittering, but I expect you get flintstones comments equally as often (just kidding)

Nick, if you want a huge discount, I suggest you contact a well known german brand that is struggling to sell it's cars.

Allan, quite seriously, give me a call.

Shane L. CAPS LOCK NOTED

Dwyer,

My father and myself had been looking at 307's for a while in Sydney, I did a fair bit of shopping myself, visiting dealers and getting valuations on a trade (I had a 306 at the time)

I can tell you some pretty embarrasing stories about the other dealers that would probably make you cringe. In short, there are some pretty rude and idiotic dealers out there.

We bought our 307 through Autosports in the end. You gave us the best trade-in valuation, and your salesperson was a pleasure to deal with. I think his name was Michael. He was patient when requesting test drives of different models. Other dealers were reluctant to let me drive one.

I'm glad you found this place, your input could be valuable.

Just for your info, we get it serviced at Alec Mildren as it is closer to the office.

Tadpole

Dwyer,

I also purchased my 307 from you last year, after a grossly rude and incompetent performance by another dealer. You'd know as well as anyone that brands such as Peugeot, that pitch themselves as a premium brand, need to provide a level of service above what you'd get from Holden or similar. Too many dealers still act like they're doing us a favour in selling us a car, rather than providing the service we should be expecting. No complaints about your place though...

cheers
    Michael C
    307 XS auto

well i work for one of the biggest car dealers in sydney,i`m not a sales person but some of the sales people don`t know wat they talk about or they are just very rude,but then they a sales people who sell up too 15 cars per month they the people who love to sell cars and like to talk to people, i know if i was buying are car at the place i work at i know who too see for the best service, the place i work at sells euro,japan,german and lots more other cars
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

XTC

Dwyer,

I congratulate you on taking interest in this group, I'm truely surprised more dealers don't. Not only will you find 99% of people here are reasonable, but many are truely knowledgable.

While the interent community is only a partial representation of all pug owners they are very vocal and quite "in-tune" with their cars.

Watching forums, gleening information for customer feedback is a great way of keeping your finger on the pulse of at least one group of owners. It's all about "Information Risk Management" and any company that is not working towards it, is doing so at it's own peril. I could go on and on about terrible Peugeot dealer experiences, but lets not. Hope you can be an exception to the rule.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Default DEALER ON BOARD

Once again thank you all for the positive feedback.

I must say that this site has put a dent in my to do list for the day, I have read meassages posted on quite of few of the topics.

It is quite useful to see what the owners true perception is of our industry.

As I said before I am taking a risk in identifying my business as it is a little like sticking your head over the parapet, but I think it is vital that the principal in a business be prepared to take a hands on approach.

I thank those who have helped us grow our business to date, we try and I stress try!!! to be as helpful and forthcoming as we can.

I have read some of the comments pertaining to future models etc.

My understanding at the moment is that the first 307CC for Australia went in to production a few days ago, they are destined to arrive in February (shipping permitting) I suspect that deliveries in earnest will begin in mid march, supply is genuinely very tight, as a relatively large metro dealer I expect to receive 3 cars a month.

GTI 180 is here, I received the first production car into Australia last Thursday. It came in at 12.30 in the afternoon and I had it on the road by 5pm (my drive car). The car is absolutely sensational I have been arriving to work with a large grin everyday since. The engine has much greater midrange torque, the ESP system (can be turned off) does not interfere too early, well balanced and very very sure footed.

My biggest praise is for the chassis dynamics (you expect a lot from a pug) it is extremely taut and communicative. I am absolutely in love with the thing!!!

If anyone has any questions on these things feel free to drop me a line I will answer anything I can.

Once again thank you for allowing me the opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse.

Cheers
    Dwyer
    Dwyer

hell even architectural designers.....many of these guys are everyday guys and gals just like u and me.....

oooh... i dunno mate that's definately a stretch
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

Dwyer, welcome to AF!

My flatmate bought his 307 XSI from you earlier this year and we were very happy with your service from Daniel there. Andre has had his problems with the 307 since and your service has been very prompt and more than adequate. Congratulations on running a fine dealership. You'll be happy to know that you're the one I recommend of the Peugeot dealerships in Sydney. It's GREAT to see dealers investing in AFTER SALES as well as Sales.

Do a search on Trivett or Asquith and Johnstone in here and you'll be amazed at the stories. they just don't appear to care about the after sales stuff, and you guys should be commended for the dedication you are making to that area of your business.

Cheers,
    Lincoln

Dwyer/Warwick/GTI666,

I'm curious, what do salesmen get paid? Ballpark figures? Are you on an incentive scheme of some kind? How is staff performance measured?

You see lots of articles on how to buy a car, how accurate are these guides? Eg, is it true that it's best to buy a car towards the end of the month when the dealers are more "hungry" for the sale?

Lincoln

Icon6 $$$

Lincoln,

My My what a loaded question!!!

Sales staff in a dealership are measured in a number of ways, the methods and requirements vary from dealership to dealership.

We use 4 KPIs (key performance indicators)
    1. CSI (customer satisfaction index)
    2. Profitability
    3. Volume sold vs Opportunity (we measure the number of inquries Vs sales)
    4. Referal ratio

Without giving away too many secrets, we don't just measure the amount of metal going out the door. PAA conduct detailed CSI surveys, we benchmark ourselves at 90% (quite high but I think it needs to be)

We also try to encourage our customers to become advocates for both the brand and obviously our specific business.

The old chestnut about end of month etc has some truth, however with peugeot it depends on the model, colour availability etc. For example 307xse Auto in Silver will always be "prime stock" so there is no real incentive to just move it on at month end when you will be short early the next month.

The other variable is how soon the car can be replaced, eg GTI 180, I would not sell my current demo for 5K above retail at the moment, simply because I will not be able to replace it until April /May and it would be detrimental to future sales.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards
    Dwyer

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Dwyer/Warwick/GTI666,

I'm curious, what do salesmen get paid? Ballpark figures? Are you on an incentive scheme of some kind? How is staff performance measured?

You see lots of articles on how to buy a car, how accurate are these guides? Eg, is it true that it's best to buy a car towards the end of the month when the dealers are more "hungry" for the sale?

Lincoln
    Dwyer

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information