Sydney get-together, Northern Beaches, 29 July
  • Help

Default Sydney get-together, Northern Beaches, 29 July

A few AF members have expressed interest in getting together for a French car chat and a coffee somewhere on the Northern Beaches.

Advertisement

Not just for locals, anyone is welcome!

Edit:

Venue set
    Sunday 29th July, 10am
    Blowfish Cafe, 11 Narrabeen St, Narrabeen

The proposal is to meet for a coffee on the morning of Sunday 29th July at 10:00 am. The plan then would be to either take a drive out to West Head or Palm Beach or people may prefer to head home to get on with other "duties".

So, who is interested? Any suggestions? I will drive up to Bayview this Sunday to scout out a coffee shop with sufficient parking.

Last edited by michaelr; 27th July 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

We have a few starters via PM.

Time is now suggested as 10am on Sunday 29th July at Bayview.
    Michael

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Lat time I went to West Head, as good as the road was, it cost $11 for the pleasure. Not going there would be like getting free coffees at the other place.

Just a thought.

Even in pouring rain this morning the parking lot at Bayview was chock-a-block and the cafe was near full.

New venue:

10am Sunday 29th July

Blowfish Cafe, 11 Narrabeen St, Narrabeen (Lakeside end, not ocean)

Large parking area, water views, friendly owner! Ari tells me he often hosts a Peugeot get together and expects a group of Alvis on the 29th. Kayak hire or duck feeding for additional entertainment. Brunch is available but just coffee is OK too.

http://www.blowfishcafe.com.au/Location.htm

Give me an idea of numbers and I will make a booking.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dijon16 View Post
    Lat time I went to West Head, as good as the road was, it cost $11 for the pleasure. Not going there would be like getting free coffees at the other place.

Just a thought.
    Agreed, $11 is a bit much. There is a lovely run along Bayview/Church Point, up to Terry Hills and out to Cottage Point if interested or the drive up to Palm Beach is always a joy. Suggestions welcome.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    A few AF members have expressed interest in getting together for a French car chat and a coffee somewhere on the Northern Beaches.

Edit:

Venue set
    Sunday 29th July, 10am

The proposal is to meet for a coffee in Bayview on the morning of Sunday 29th July at 9:00 am. The plan then would be to either take a drive out to West Head or Palm Beach or people may prefer to head home to get on with other "duties".

So, who is interested? Any suggestions? I will drive up to Bayview this Sunday to scout out a coffee shop with sufficient parking.

Thats very local to me, so I'll come along too.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Large parking area, water views, friendly owner! Ari tells me he often hosts a Peugeot get together and expects a group of Alvis on the 29th. Kayak hire or duck feeding for additional entertainment. Brunch is available but just coffee is OK too.
    Yep - we usually have a "President's Breakfast" in late Feb. It's a nice spot and usually the carpark is full of Peugeots and ducks.

We being the Peugeot Car Club, of course.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Yep - we usually have a "President's Breakfast" in late Feb. It's a nice spot and usually the carpark is full of Peugeots and ducks.

We being the Peugeot Car Club, of course.
    The owner of the cafe, Ari, spoke very well of you Peugeot guys too. Better than those Renault ruffians I am sure.

We have 6 starters so far representing Citroen and Renault. Keep the messages coming.

Anyone bringing family? The cafe is in a parkland setting and there is kayak hire on site and ducks to feed. And hey, you don't have to be a local resident to attend, come and see how the other half live

Be good to see you there Jo.
    Last edited by michaelr; 23rd July 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: additional info
    Michael

Sorry! Have family commitments this weekend - maybe another time!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Sorry! Have family commitments this weekend - maybe another time!
    Sorry you can't make it. I have several "next times" so maybe there is interest with more advanced notice?

OK, so I have 6 or 7 for sure and need to book a table. I think the place is quite flexible but it could be busy if the weather holds good.

Any more people coming? Just turning up on the day would probably be fine but not sure about table arrangements.

10am at the Blowfish Cafe, Narrabeen, see original post.

So Far:

michaelr
    Q Music
    lamoor
    Jo Proffi
    ss 2115
    loudel
    Last edited by michaelr; 28th July 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: update
    Michael

Table is booked under name of "Michael/French cars" for 10am.

Better not be late as we need to vacate the table by 11:45 ! We can always adjourn to the car park.
    Michael

Great day on Sunday. In the car park were two x 2CV, a Fuego and 2 x DS. ( I won't mention the 2 x Ferrari and an Armstrong Siddeley.) Plus we had two others along whose restoration projects are not yet drivable so lots to talk about. Only one wife along though. Surely not all French car owners are embittered misogynists like me ?

A table in the sun, good coffee and food. Good to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones. Let's do it again!
    Michael

Default Next Northern Beaches Coffee morning, November 11

Ok, let's do it again!

Calling all French car owners on Sydney Northern Beaches, and beyond, for a relaxed get together in Narrabeen 11th November (2012)

Go to this new post and let me know who is coming please.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...94#post1110094
    Michael

Thread Information