Picture Worth 1000 Words?
  • Help
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,518

    Default Picture Worth 1000 Words?

    It is amazing how the current generation are obsessed with texting.

    Grabbing a cup of coffee

    Dining out at your favourite restaurant

    Spending some time at the museum

    Meeting at a popular diner

    Relaxing at the beach

    ...or dying with you iPhone in hand and head on the back seat!

    John

    Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-1.jpg   Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-2.jpg   Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-3.jpg   Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-4.jpg   Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-5.jpg   Picture Worth 1000 Words?-texting-6.jpg  


  2. #2
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,809

    Default

    It's a powerful photo JBN.

    A FB friend in the states recently went to dinner and they had a deal. Everyone had to leave their phone in the middle of the table. The first one to touch their phone before the bill arrived had to buy dinner for everyone.

    Apparently a wonderful night ensued with lively and happy conversation.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    19,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    It's a powerful photo JBN.

    A FB friend in the states recently went to dinner and they had a deal. Everyone had to leave their phone in the middle of the table. The first one to touch their phone before the bill arrived had to buy dinner for everyone.

    Apparently a wonderful night ensued with lively and happy conversation.
    Agreed.


    Not only the "younger" generation participate. Went out dinner a few weeks ago and the family on the table next door

    She - Iphone
    He - Tablet PC
    Son - Iphone
    Daughter - Iphone
    All going hell-for-leather from the moment they arrived.

    They were outraged when the waiter came to take their order. Told him to come back later. Then complained about the poor service. Bloody annoying to have our meal interrupted with their phone calls.

    First time I've seen a tablet in action whilst eating a meal!

    Stuff me .. a real family social event.

    I turn mine off - when driving- when eating- when I'm with friends . I don't feel the need to available 24/7/365 for others. My daughter complains if the phone is not answered in three rings.

    Stuff'em it's my choice!

  4. #4
    COL
    COL is offline
    A110 COL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Van Diemen's Land
    Posts
    4,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Agreed.


    Not only the "younger" generation participate. Went out dinner a few weeks ago and the family on the table next door

    She - Iphone
    He - Tablet PC
    Son - Iphone
    Daughter - Iphone
    All going hell-for-leather from the moment they arrived.

    They were outraged when the waiter came to take their order. Told him to come back later. Then complained about the poor service. Bloody annoying to have our meal interrupted with their phone calls.

    First time I've seen a tablet in action whilst eating a meal!

    Stuff me .. a real family social event.

    I turn mine off - when driving- when eating- when I'm with friends . I don't feel the need to available 24/7/365 for others. My daughter complains if the phone is not answered in three rings.

    Stuff'em it's my choice!
    My Sentiments exactly Rob
    Regards Col

    1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

    http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

  5. #5
    Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post

    I turn mine off - when driving- when eating- when I'm with friends . I don't feel the need to available 24/7/365 for others. My daughter complains if the phone is not answered in three rings.

    Stuff'em it's my choice!
    Agreed. That's what voicemail is for. How on Earth did we survive our lack of immediate connectivity before now?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    19,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Agreed. That's what voicemail is for. How on Earth did we survive our lack of immediate connectivity before now?
    Voicemail promotes telephone tag. This ends more of time waste for everyone.

    When in business I disabled SMS and voicemail on my phone.

    "When I can answer the phone you have my attention 100%. When I can't someone/something else has my 100% attention."


    If it's urgent send me a concise email with what you need to know. Remember when I'm out of the office I don't have office data available at my fingertips. If you are ringing and talking to me about non-urgent stuff or requesting routine information then others in my office can probably help you immediately.
    (or contact me immediately via a non advertised number)

    It's the only rational attitude for a person in a busy small business if they want to have a life. To be available 24/7/365 to please the clients guarantees neither you or them will be happy.

    Better I be happy! Then I CAN help my clients.

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts catshamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hiding in a bush somewhere in ENGLAND
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    I pity the poor bastard who gets the job of bagging the body. (Or, worse, bodies).
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Posts
    11,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    ...or dying with you iPhone in hand and head on the back seat!

    John
    much as i hate - as you know - to ask awkward questions, but do we have some reason to believe the driver was either of the current generation, or texting?

    and, isnt the expression 'picture worth 10,000 words'? or is this only 1000 due to the 100kb AF image size limit?

  9. #9
    1075.6 SamR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    much as i hate - as you know - to ask awkward questions, but do we have some reason to believe the driver was either of the current generation, or texting?

    and, isnt the expression 'picture worth 10,000 words'? or is this only 1000 due to the 100kb AF image size limit?
    And does a Corvette even have a back seat?...
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold


    "This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

  10. #10
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    The pictures were sourced from two separate emails. It is my twisted mind that connected them. The Corvette email was advertising cheap tail lights (the only obviously salvageable items from that car). It mentioned that the body was still clutching the iPhone and that the head was found in the back.

    So, to specifically answer your question Alexander, there was an accident between a Corvette and a truck.

    The Corvette was destroyed. Degeneration of the driver unknown. Decapitation of the driver confirmed. In short, the iPhone was divided into its components - Phone in one hand, i (both of them) in container in rear of car.

    John

  11. #11
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    4,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    The Corvette was destroyed. Degeneration of the driver unknown. Decapitation of the driver confirmed. In short, the iPhone was divided into its components - Phone in one hand, i (both of them) in container in rear of car.
    What alexander is saying is, it's complete conjecture that a) the driver was decapitated and b) there was an iPhone involved.

    It could have been a Samsung Galaxy SII, for example.
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    HOBART
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    What alexander is saying is, it's complete conjecture that a) the driver was decapitated and b) there was an iPhone involved.

    It could have been a Samsung Galaxy SII, for example.
    The bigger issue is that the Corvette appears to have been driven in the breakdown lane AND the driver was using his/her phone (who cares what type of phone it was).
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

    Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

  13. #13
    TRT
    TRT is offline
    Fellow Frogger! TRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    200

    Default You've got it wrong

    Even I can tell the Corvette driver had pulled over to use his iPhone, and the semi reversed into him at 100 kmh.

  14. #14
    Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    And does a Corvette even have a back seat?...
    No, but the luggage compartment is juuuuuuuust large enough.


    And yah, that'll buff out. /obligatory
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Posts
    11,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    What alexander is saying is, it's complete conjecture that a) the driver was decapitated and b) there was an iPhone involved.

    It could have been a Samsung Galaxy SII, for example.
    let's not jump to conclusions.
    are we sure the galaxy SII has actually been released in the USA?
    i am thinking it might have been blocked pursuant to some legal action by Apple...

    being the USA, no doubt the family will sue the phone manufacturer.
    and the manufacturer of the truck's trailer.

  16. #16
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    So far, so good, guys. We now have 736 words on this topic. Just another 264 words and we have the 1000 words describing the picture.

    John

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! ntr1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Well here are my eleven words to contribute to this thread.

  18. #18
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    4,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    let's not jump to conclusions.
    are we sure the galaxy SII has actually been released in the USA?
    i am thinking it might have been blocked pursuant to some legal action by Apple...
    I think it's safe - it's the Google Nexus (and the clunky Galaxy tab) that's up the creek.

    Apparently heads will roll over this one.
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  19. #19
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    Quote Originally Posted by ntr1972 View Post
    Well here are my eleven words to contribute to this thread.
    G'day.
    I will give you five.
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








  20. #20
    1000+ Posts Kim Luck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    18,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day.
    I will give you five.
    That's actually seven..... Good day, I will give you five.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

  21. #21
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    G'day,
    I have changed to six

    ps g'day [1]
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •