Whos a lucky boy then?
  • Help

Icon10 Whos a lucky boy then?

after calling into my local Pug dealer on saturday, to see what they had , i saw a brochure for a 206Gti 180, which i picked up and read.

after reading it ,the dealer approached me, so i asked him a few q;s about the gti180 ,and he asked if I was interested in buying ,to which I said, no sorry, too expensive for me, maybe when it is en ex demonstrator, and with a good trade for the Mi16.

Advertisement

So anyway, after writing a short novel, my news is that the deale said to me 'no worries mate, i'll give you a call when it comes in and you can take it out for a couple of hours
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Maybe Peugeot Australia should be looking at hiring people from NZ for their sales roles.

I've found that Pug Sales people are absolutely CRAP. Just a bunch of show pony blondes who seem to know nothing about peugeots at all. Only two months ago i asked one consultant about the 206gti 180 only to get the response, "ummmm im not to sure about that car, are you sure it's coming to australia"
    AHhhhhhhhhhh how the hell are such bimbos meant to sell cars when they dont even know what models they have.

After not knowing anything about the gti 180, she used her product knowledge wisely & reccommend the closest thing to it the 607 .

Ahhhhhh just typing this makes me annoyed....hand me a ciggie!

Asanka-out (in frustration)

the guy here was so quick with the specs that i had to come home and check them on the net (he was right) ,he was also very helpful. as opposed to used car salesmen here, who, when i looked at a 406 on a non Pug yard , asked me if Mi16 meant anything!!!
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Maybe Peugeot Australia should be looking at hiring people from NZ for their sales roles.

I've found that Pug Sales people are absolutely CRAP. Just a bunch of show pony blondes who seem to know nothing about peugeots at all. Only two months ago i asked one consultant about the 206gti 180 only to get the response, "ummmm im not to sure about that car, are you sure it's coming to australia"
    AHhhhhhhhhhh how the hell are such bimbos meant to sell cars when they dont even know what models they have.

After not knowing anything about the gti 180, she used her product knowledge wisely & reccommend the closest thing to it the 607 .

Ahhhhhh just typing this makes me annoyed....hand me a ciggie!

Asanka-out (in frustration)
    Which dealer was this at? I know, it wouldn't be Regans, as they don't have any female sales staff.

Actually, come to think of it, you're making me suspicious that it was Straightway.

People at motorshows are generally useless, because they often don't work for the actual car manufacturer, rather a show promo company. Sales staff are better, but sometimes they are really creative with what they come up with!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Which dealer was this at? I know, it wouldn't be Regans, as they don't have any female sales staff.

Actually, come to think of it, you're making me suspicious that it was Straightway.

People at motorshows are generally useless, because they often don't work for the actual car manufacturer, rather a show promo company. Sales staff are better, but sometimes they are really creative with what they come up with!
    you should try the bloke at rockhampton in QLD
    he is hopeless
    when i was up there i had the Mi-16 and he looked at it and asked me where i got the wheels from for the car
    i said they are the original wheels for the car
    it's an Mi-16 i said
    he said yeah i know what it is i have sold a few of them but none of them ever had wheels anything like those ones
    i walked away very quickly
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

sORRY justin but i find most peugeot dealers don't know much about the brand they are selling. They are more concerned with the sale rather than the car. I must say however that cullens at nambour would have to be the best car dealer in australia. THey are extremely helpful and gerald who sells the cars owns the dealership.

Cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    sORRY justin but i find most peugeot dealers don't know much about the brand they are selling. They are more concerned with the sale rather than the car. I must say however that cullens at nambour would have to be the best car dealer in australia. THey are extremely helpful and gerald who sells the cars owns the dealership.

Cheers Nick
    I think a lot of sales staff are more concerned with the actual sale than the product

You don't need to apologise to me - what you say doesn't contradict what I said. I think it's fair to say the Barbie dolls that the manufacturers hire at motorshows know less than the sales staff present on the motorshow stands. I don't think a reasonable person would disagree with this point.

It really depends on where you go - at places such as Regans, you have sales staff who have been dealing with the marque for donkeys years.

If you look at the other dealers in Melbourne, their sales teams seem to be generally fairly inexperienced with regards to Peugeot. Straightway has come under new ownership, the Peugeot people all moved to Citroen Brighton. John Blair Peugeot came under new ownership. Bayford/City Peugeot - again a fairly young dealer. Most of the people in these 'chain' dealerships haven't been dealing with Peugeots for years, often they have just switched from other brands.

In spite of this, I'd say Asanka's example is somewhat extreme - seems like he got a sales cadet barely off her training wheels. Given the level of interest in the GTi180, you'd have to be a twit if you didn't know what it was. People have been enquiring about the car for some time, it's not exactly an oddball product. I can't say I've come across a Peugeot sales person quite that bad

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

The local dealer here in Newcastle, isn't the most knowledgable bunch but I wouldn't fault them on trying.....

They are always willing to chat about the car and they know the key pitches for people who have no idea about the cars, but for someone with a *fair* knowledge they can get tripped up on somethings. But then again they do also sell Kia, Mazda and Suuby at the same lot. Safety is their big pitch usually, with good reason.

But whatever tactics they are using is working, what used to be Yokelsville when it came to French cars is now becoming a haven. They have sold HEAPS!! of 307's you see more on the road in Newc than in Sydney. The 206 sells well as does the Clio suprisingly......

But the wooden spoon goes to the Renault dealer that told me there was no such thing as the Megane Turbo anywhere and I must be confused.......... And that the 2L Megane with 6 spd could take on a RS Clio and win!!! Sorry but same power and 200kgs more don't equal as quick.......

Jono
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Justin IT WOULD NEVER EVER BE REAGAN'S, they are way to professional & kind to be that stupid.

It was actually the newly refurbsihed city peugeot & the one in mentone on nepean hwy.

I too was extreamly shocked when she hadn't heard of the gti180, must have been a renta-saleschick/checkout chick .
    Last edited by purrr-geot; 9th December 2003 at 04:32 PM.

XTC

Doesn't seem to matter what side of the border you are on, or what car dealership.. you get those who couldn't care less if they were selling whitegoods and those that actually take an interest in you as the customer and the cars themsleves.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

[QUOTE=crosspug]The 206 sells well as does the Clio suprisingly......

Actually, 206 hatch sales are 58% higher than the Clio. When you add the CC to the sales figures, they're then 125% higher than the Clio

Quote Originally Posted by crosspug
    And that the 2L Megane with 6 spd could take on a RS Clio and win!!! Sorry but same power and 200kgs more don't equal as quick.......
    Actually, it gets better - the 2.0 Megane is 25.5kW down on the RCS

One dealer told me the Megane 3dr is like the RCS to drive, but if overseas reports are anything to go by, I doubt it.

The truth is, a lot of people will buy what they say. It's only when a bunch of carnut smart arses such as some of us turn up, then it causes a problem

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

really good dealers are getting hard to come by
    they will tell you whatever you want to hear
    i find there is nothing better than research before hunting for a car
    at least you have some real knowledge about what you are looking at then and you can take what you are told in and just let them ramble on
    i have talked to some real dead heads at dealerships though over the years
    that one i mentioned earlier really took the cake for me
    i have no idea if he is still in the pug game but i hope he knows a little more now than what he did when i was up there
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

XTC

The truth is, a lot of people will buy what they say. It's only when a bunch of carnut smart arses such as some of us turn up, then it causes a problem
    The interent is empowering the people .. and making it a nightmare for dealers .. "keeping the bastards honest" I'd say.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

(Sounds like my cue ...)

Pardon me for interrupting the applause, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, my wife only drives a due to the indifference of a certain abovementioned dealer's sales staff, and a friend of hers she ran into in the same showroom who scored the same treatment went and bought a Focus, same day.

MY99 206 GTi **PRE-QUALIFIED PURCHASER, YOU CLODS!!!**
    Clio 1.4L auto who now wouldn't enter a Pug showroom again, ever.

XTC

And actaully HAVING the cash these days isn't a benefit, they keep talking about "finance" (which is where the money is made), and you have to repeat slowly 2 dozen times "I .... H...A...V...E .... T....H.....E .... M...O...N...E...Y"
    - XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern
    (Sounds like my cue ...)

Pardon me for interrupting the applause, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, my wife only drives a due to the indifference of a certain abovementioned dealer's sales staff, and a friend of hers she ran into in the same showroom who scored the same treatment went and bought a Focus, same day.
    Hahah, I haven't made it easy for them to guess, as I mentioned every single Melbourne metro dealer

I'll give the others a hint - it's the dealer you'll be last to suspect

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

yay

got a call today

its arrived and im going for a drive on saturday
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Thread Information