Support the Survivors of Melbourne Earthquake 2012
  • Help

Default Support the Survivors of Melbourne Earthquake 2012

An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Moe at 9pm yesterday evening, with its epicentre in Haigh Street. The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately $30.00 worth of damage.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Faaackinell".
    Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their centrelink cheques arrived.

The Moe ...local paper has reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Moe.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into lounge room crying. My youngest two, Kevin and Jason slept through it all."

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The Australian Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Bacardi-Breezers to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including Health Care Cards, also Jewellery and Bone China from Big W.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.

Advertisement

Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include: baseball caps, Adidas tracksuits, singlets (blue & white) white sport socks, Reebok boots
    Any other items usually sold at Dimmy's or The $2 Shop.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
    Required foodstuffs urgently needed include: Microwave meals, Baked beans, Ice cream, Chips, Soft Drinks.

Donations of $15.00 will be taken to buy a packet of Winny Blue 25s and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

Do you actually know anyone from Moe, 560SEL? Did you even know where it was before yesterday?

One of my mates in Moe -- a postwar migrant who came to Australia to build the part of your national wealth that's attributable to the Snowy Mountains scheme -- just earned himself a very popular and well-deserved OAM for volunteer heritage restoration and other community work throughout Gippsland.

What have you done for your community today?
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ťre grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

To answer your first two questions, yes and yes.

Secondly, congrats to your friend Moe sounds like a swell guy.

Thirdly, I helped an old lady across the street.

Finally, get a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by 560sel View Post
    Finally, get a sense of humour.
    + 1

A good laugh

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Yeah it's an oldie but a goodie, can be adapted to any place or event...
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern View Post
    Do you actually know anyone from Moe, 560SEL? Did you even know where it was before yesterday?

One of my mates in Moe -- a postwar migrant who came to Australia to build the part of your national wealth that's attributable to the Snowy Mountains scheme -- just earned himself a very popular and well-deserved OAM for volunteer heritage restoration and other community work throughout Gippsland.

What have you done for your community today?
    Like you, Mr B, I found the post somewhat derogatory. At my age I can't find anything funny about stereotypes. The only people who seem to enjoy them are people who live in Doveton, previously the butt of all socio-economic jokes.

Perhaps it all goes to show just how intolerant we Australians are........ when we find such puerile , juvenile and bigoted (attempted) wit amusing?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fantastic responses in this joint, stay for the fish, and enjoy the complimentary wine.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by 560sel View Post
    Fantastic responses in this joint, stay for the fish, and enjoy the complimentary wine.
    Come back Saturday - 2 shows that night
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Very funny stuff, love stereo types and most types of stereo.

Thread Information