Don't forget...
  • Help

Thread: Don't forget...

DS

Default Don't forget...

.....Battle of Waterloo event is on this Sunday in Canberra.

Calling all French (and British) car owners!!

The annual "Battle of Waterloo" is a friendly confrontation between French and British cars to celebrate the anniversary of the historic 1815 battle of the same name. In past years, the event has attracted up to 100 cars and around 150 participants (depending on the weather). The "winner" is determined by the number of cars that are on display for each nationality. Last year's event was a massacre - just like the real battle - which saw a total of 99 cars in attendance (72 British and just 27 French).

The event is sponsored by Shannons Insurance and is being organised by the Renault Owners Club of Canberra (ROCC) in conjunction with the Peugeot Association of Canberra (PAC) and sponsors. The venue for this year's event is Rond Terrace. Located on the northern side of Lake Burley Griffin, the venue offers spectacular views (fog permitting) making for a great backdrop for the car display.

Entry to the event is open to the general public and is free. All French and British car owners are welcome to display their vehicles on the day. Coffee, tea and drink facilities will be available. Food will be provided by a BBQ run by the PAC next to the coffee van. Each will have waste disposal facilities. Toilet facilities are located to the west in Commonwealth Park.

Advertisement

When's it on?
    Sunday 17th June from 9am to 3pm (Note: Setup from 9am, official event start from 10am)

How to get there / where to park / etc?
    Entry to and egress from the event will be via Constitution Ave and Macquarie Drive and then via the gate near Blundell
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Battles are not won by the quantity of troops but by their quality.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

....and please don't forget a drip-tray or large sheet of cardboard to put under any areas of leakage of your cars....

DS

The British won (again) but to whoever it is puts the effort in for this event I thank you. An excellent day out.
    To all who I spent time with over the weekend down there again a thanks. Lots of fun when you get a bunch of French car crazys and put them in an Indian restaurant!

I took my Safari, Mort Subite took his and another "Safari Fancier" took his. The ID19 was a nice addition to the cars that attended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't forget...-imag1145-copy.jpg  
    Last edited by DS; 17th June 2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Icon6

G'day,
    any pics ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhic View Post
    ....and please don't forget a drip-tray or large sheet of cardboard to put under any areas of leakage of your cars....
    how many layers of cardboard do you need to soak up LHM
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Thread Information