306 s16 Alarm/Immobiliser
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 s16 Alarm/Immobiliser

HI,

I need ensure that my baby is as secure as can be... What are some of the best options for alarms/mmobilisers going around? What do you use on yours?

Advertisement

Appreciate your help!

Tadpole

I'm know that there was a coded immobiliser option on some 306's but not on mine, does anyone have one of them? I might see if they still make them and get one fitted if they're any good. I know there are tons of options going around but I thought original factory parts might be the way to go. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    I'm know that there was a coded immobiliser option on some 306's but not on mine, does anyone have one of them? I might see if they still make them and get one fitted if they're any good. I know there are tons of options going around but I thought original factory parts might be the way to go. Anyone?
    I don't think any Australian-delivered 306s came with a factory alarm, Bman.

Most threads on here regarding alarms and the 306 involve how to remove them successfully
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Hah, yeah I saw a bit of that on here! I think most people's response to hearing a car alarm is annoyance rather than concern, but then again if it wakes you up at night and it's coming from your driveway...
    How about immobilisers then? Have you seen any of these factory fitted "coded anti start" consoles? They were an option on xs1 and s16 apparently. Possibly not on the Aussie ones...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    HI,

I need ensure that my baby is as secure as can be... What are some of the best options...? What do you use on yours?

Appreciate your help!
    J'ai utiliser et recommander les chevrons. Voleurs choissant une autre voiture, toujours.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Your best option is to first check the outside of the car. If someone has "debadged it" so everyone will think it's a daepoo, the best possible protection from theft is fitting puegeot badges back to the car.

If it already has poogoe badges, your set!!!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    PS: This form of theft protection works just as well with Citroens and Renaults
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information